Claas Lexion 8900 UK

catkom3

It looks like Claas were none to happy to have an AGCO machine in their New Lexion video,Now you see it Now you don't,check the clock bottom left, A perfect example of you can never trust anything that has been produced, directed and editted,??

Regards

Joe.

Lexion demo 1.jpg

Lexion demo 2.jpg

Or in another case the farm could have needed it so recording had to stop to allow it to be taken. Making promotional videos is a nightmare at times where machinery is concerned, the 6 minute one I made today was edited from over 60 minutes of footage by the time I’d cut out things that shouldn’t be heard or seen. 

Everytime Claas get caught up with and overtaken by the competition they manage too raise the bar again!  Mind you all their competitors have a machine capable of 3000 acres now, especially if a Macdon headers on the front of it.

I watched Doubledays JD X9 in wheat for a couple of hours back in August and was also very impressed. 

2 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Everytime Claas get caught up with and overtaken by the competition they manage too raise the bar again!  Mind you all their competitors have a machine capable of 3000 acres now, especially if a Macdon headers on the front of it.

I watched Doubledays JD X9 in wheat for a couple of hours back in August and was also very impressed. 

Well Phil,in the Armstrong demo "they" claim they were getting over 120 tonne an hour,I believe John Deere are calling the 9X series the 100 tonne combine,Time will tell I guess, Not really heard anything on the T 10's yet though.

Regards

Joe.

15 hours ago, Gav836 said:

Or in another case the farm could have needed it so recording had to stop to allow it to be taken. Making promotional videos is a nightmare at times where machinery is concerned, the 6 minute one I made today was edited from over 60 minutes of footage by the time I’d cut out things that shouldn’t be heard or seen. 

you had to get rid of all the norfolk swearing when they didnt follow your directions :D mr gav”cameron” haverson  ,oscar next year is it :D

1 hour ago, SPN said:

Getting 120 tonnes an hour away from the combine and into the store will take some doing

true stan, but i bet some sub company in the groups already got something planed or started to deal with that, they so seem to think ahead  these days over  stuff like this, tri axel trailers all seem common now, so do big chasers in areas that will use the big combines .

17 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

true stan, but i bet some sub company in the groups already got something planed or started to deal with that, they so seem to think ahead  these days over  stuff like this, tri axel trailers all seem common now, so do big chasers in areas that will use the big combines .

Exactly Sean, I would imagine that is why Claas were useing that Hawe ULW 5000 chaser bin capable of grossing 34 tonne on the road, not that they could, But it can Gross 52 in field use, And if memory serves that 8900 bin can hold 17 tonne, 17 x 3 = 51, but it would be great to see one plus a 780, it would be a very busy scene indeed,

Regards

Joe.

Hawe specs.jpg

Whilst I'm not sure the Agco Ideal 9 is quite up to 100/t an hour output, I thought any layout involving the model 10T would need either a large chaser bin and/or a large fleet of trailers or lorries, so my Ideal 10 has swapped places with the Deutz and gone into storage! 2 Kanes should be fine.

120 tonnes an hour, you could potentially need a serious dryer too, though I guess you couldnt get so much output in damp conditions?

indeed phil 120 ton is in perfect conditions and a perfect crop yeild wise as well i guess,

as for the weights joe mentioned most of these big operators will be linked field wise so 52 ton is no issue for them, take that biggest field in tannington for instance, you can get near on 3/4 of the way from their to our old farm i recon through fields without going on a  road,thats about 8/9 miles as the crow flys.

I must say that although the JD X9 was great too watch, I actually enjoyed observing two old CASE AF 2388s at work just as much.  I like too see tractors and trailers busily buzzing around and a circus in the field!!  For me watching one leviathon combine dumping into one big chaser bin which in turn dumps into an artic lorry at the headland is rather dull.   Id much rather watch 10 or 20 tractor trailers of all different makes try to keep up with the highest output forage harvesters, now thats entertainment:D

5 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Whilst I'm not sure the Agco Ideal 9 is quite up to 100/t an hour output, I thought any layout involving the model 10T would need either a large chaser bin and/or a large fleet of trailers or lorries, so my Ideal 10 has swapped places with the Deutz and gone into storage! 2 Kanes should be fine.

120 tonnes an hour, you could potentially need a serious dryer too, though I guess you couldnt get so much output in damp conditions?

Joe, these guy's do have a very serious drier, And a lot of storage space, This is just one of their grain stores, Screenshot's taken from the BBC Harvest Series

2015.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nIqsF4xHiI

Regards

Joe.

Hay's grain 2.jpg

Hay's grain 1.jpg

Archived