Truck Builds

A bit of progress on a Scania 8 legger tipper that I’ve been working on. This is part of a small lime spreading diorama that I’m in the process of building. The ramps and the lime spreader are part built, just need to get some photos of them. 

0FBA034D-2E98-4111-B1C4-3577816E7B8D.jpeg

6DB96A90-279D-40D9-887E-B01E7FD4022C.jpeg

E40F0E62-ED22-4D70-B9F0-1EF6E37DE189.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Superb work John. 
If you are modelling Dracks outfit I hope you are going to put plenty of detail on the underside of the tractor and spreader. 😉

Cheers Martin! They were here last week and they managed to stay right way up thankfully, but I was talking to the chap on the wagon leading the lime in and he was telling me about a few bad incidents! Mind you, six years ago at silage time the bloke on the rake managed to tip it over in our yard when he was turning round......still not sure how he managed that mind! I don’t usually remember how long ago things are, but the pick up was only a couple of months old and was stood in the yard when we got the call to say what he’d done, needless to say my anxiety was pretty high till I got back over to the yard!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Stabliofarmer said:

John, that is gorgeous, not just a fantastic model but a great looking truck in itself, particularly impressed with the rear tail gate rams.

Can't wait to see the full outfit

Nevermind, just seen your collection topic, lovely stuff!

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

John, that is gorgeous, not just a fantastic model but a great looking truck in itself, particularly impressed with the rear tail gate rams.

Can't wait to see the full outfit

Thanks James! it needs a cap for the top of the main ram but apart from that it’s more or less done, I was going to weather it but I can’t bring myself to now that it’s finished!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...