Truck Builds

23 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Wish there was a Love react button John, thats awesome, just the sort of thing I wanted to see done with the kits!

so do i james,that really looks smart john . 

james   i really must get the axels and wheels from you for mine, as the britain's chassis just isn't right for it as i had planned , then i can crack on with mine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Wish there was a Love react button John, thats awesome, just the sort of thing I wanted to see done with the kits!

Thanks James! There’s a few ideas floating around in my head for builds further down the line.....I might be pestering you for another couple of kits later I the year!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

so do i james,that really looks smart john . 

james   i really must get the axels and wheels from you for mine, as the britain's chassis just isn't right for it as i had planned , then i can crack on with mine

Thanks Sean, it’ll do as a stop gap until James produces a TK....hint hint!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be interested in a Leyland Reiver or Bedford KM.

And if someone was to craft a master of the Renault/Berliet/Ford Transcontinental cab for James to make a mould, that would be really cool.

Hint. Hint.

Reiver-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Armstrongs of Longtown, Seen a fair few of them over the years, really nice livery, and quite local to you I would think John,

Regards

Joe.

Armstrongs of Longtown.jpg

Yes I must admit their trucks were the inspiration for the livery Joe.....that and the fact that I’ve plenty of green and red paint sat around for touch up’s on the tractors!😉

• Like 1

Nicely done John, and if I recall floats from that era always had four holes in them two at the back and two at the front, Where long poles would be pushed through then the truck reversed between two ramps which would lift the livestock body off the truck very easily,

Regards

Joe.

5 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Nicely done John, and if I recall floats from that era always had four holes in them two at the back and two at the front, Where long poles would be pushed through then the truck reversed between two ramps which would lift the livestock body off the truck very easily,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe, yes I’ve made the stands but I forgot to drill the holes in the sides before I put it together! I remember as a boy helping take the container off the TK that my Dad used to drive on the farm with the poles and screw jacks at each corner.

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Joe, yes I’ve made the stands but I forgot to drill the holes in the sides before I put it together! I remember as a boy helping take the container off the TK that my Dad used to drive on the farm with the poles and screw jacks at each corner.

First truck I ever drove was a Bedford TL, Excellent easy truck to hone your skills on, tricky job hauling day old chick and fertile eggs for hatching, even took a load of eggs down to a hatchery in Trowbridge in Wiltshire,?

Regards

Joe.

D B Marshall 1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Done this job with a Bedford tk then a TL,  the TL ended up being chopped up and turned into a trailer 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dm434 said:

Done this job with a Bedford tk then a TL,  the TL ended up being chopped up and turned into a trailer 

I think a fair few of these old lorries ended up as farm trailers David, both flat beds and tippers. I can remember using several of them over time when I was younger

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

i think the love button must be on some other site 😁 just be careful what you google 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

what did you find smithy 😄 

I can not say on here but they have let me out on bail 😁 i am thinking about asking them to put one of them ankle straps on my other leg as it helps keep my socks up ☺️

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, smithy said:

I can not say on here but they have let me out on bail 😁 i am thinking about asking them to put one of them ankle straps on my other leg as it helps keep my socks up ☺️

always thinking of the advantages eh mate 😄 nothing worse than a sock down in a welly eh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1