Truck Builds

11 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

The Hellers finish into a lovely model John, nicely done! 

Thanks James, yes I think they're a good kit, just ordered another couple for future conversions that i would like to do as they seem to be becoming a bit harder to get hold of at the moment

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Very nice John! Not seen one of those visors in a long time 

Thanks James, yes it’s been a few years since I got the kits from you, I knew I’d get round to them eventually! Am I right in thinking that you did some better wheels for the welly trucks or have I just imagined that?

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

I do yes, although at the moment I'm at uni without any model making stuff with me so have no stock! I've attached a photo for reference.

417661047_WellyWheels.thumb.jpg.65a0be0b02619e4eff412a2f41281a0f.jpg

That’s the ones! Thanks James,   no panic, I’ll have a batch of them from you when you’re back from uni

On 5/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, 844john said:

Tractors have always been my main interest, but trucks have come a close second, especially when i was younger, so i thought I'd start a thread of some of my builds. First up is a couple of the Heller Volvo F12 tractor units, the red one is destined for a load of period IH tractors once the trailer is built! There's also a pair of Scania T cab kits from James, along with a couple of Ford D series that are part built, again destined for dealer delivery trucks. Anyway, a few photos to start off with

WP_20210504_14_32_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20210504_14_31_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20210504_14_31_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20210504_14_32_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20210504_14_43_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20210503_18_38_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20210503_18_37_56_Pro.jpg

Nice red Volvo you have there John 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 844john said:

The start of the first scratch built truck for me, and one that I’ve loved ever since I was a boy, the Ford Transcontinental 

533E9D59-24B5-4E2E-A2AC-D5F2C0A8FBEE.jpeg

EF410BA9-6B35-4F09-9583-0C228B0FD87D.jpeg

Now that is a model I would have loved to replicate in 1/32nd scale but as a Nicola Tractomas, Commercial Motors did a test on one of them on a lowloader, Did a hill start loaded, And it ripped the valve stems out the tyres,??? and that was late 70's early 80's, These machines are 12 feet wide, The modern day ones are even bigger,

Regards

Joe.

Tractomas 1.jpg

Tractomas 2.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mb86 said:

Oooh😍 just wait till @jmdsees this. 

There’s always been something special about the big Transconti’s for me Martin. I believe they came out in the mid seventies and I can remember seeing them on the roads as a boy, nearly always with the blue TIR plate on them and they just seemed so much more impressive than the other trucks that were on the road at that time!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Now that is a model I would have loved to replicate in 1/32nd scale but as a Nicola Tractomas, Commercial Motors did a test on one of them on a lowloader, Did a hill start loaded, And it ripped the valve stems out the tyres,??? and that was late 70's early 80's, These machines are 12 feet wide, The modern day ones are even bigger,

Regards

Joe.

Tractomas 1.jpg

Tractomas 2.jpg

That is some beast Joe!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 844john said:

There’s always been something special about the big Transconti’s for me Martin. I believe they came out in the mid seventies and I can remember seeing them on the roads as a boy, nearly always with the blue TIR plate on them and they just seemed so much more impressive than the other trucks that were on the road at that time!

Yes John that big cab was very impressive in it's time, I was fortunate enough to work in a large warehouse at that time and once a week a guy in a Transconti came in to collect goods to take to his destination, The really big 8 and 10 wheelers are used mainly in South Africa hauling new electric tranformers all over the South run by a company called Rotran under a guy called Dennis Child's, But there is one 'specially built from the ground up to pull 4 12ft wide trailers in Australia, It has a straight 6 Cat engine pushing out 1000 HP to haul the 400 tonne Iron ore load, Here is one of the Rotran Tractomas's.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Bloody hell John, you really don't hang around! Nice to see one built up, I've only seen photos of one other one at that stage

Thanks James....well, it was just sat there in the box looking at me, plus the mornings are getting much lighter now and I always seem to drink too much water before bed! The longest job was removing all the backing paper!😆 There’s a few bits I want to add, then I just need to decide on a livery for it now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Scratch built and custom trucks...... Well you've surprised us often enough with the tractor builds 🙂 if your previous track record is anything to go by John then the Transconti will be a stunner

Thanks Paul, like I said trucks have always been a very close second to tractors for me, just never been brave enough to have a go at scratch building them. However, along with a couple of Transconti’s there’s a 110 and 113 Scania flatbed/ cattle wagons as well, so I think I’ve gotten over my fear now!

The first little change to the trailer with moveable loading gates built for it

2DB67071-5492-458E-A905-0F943B61AAA1.jpeg

878F4B9F-35C9-4FF4-B322-982EE59F6C40.jpeg

A038391A-BD53-41F9-8E37-87EBCAE4F300.jpeg

54B32B31-CE35-4973-B57F-1F54D8118B10.jpeg

• Like 8