2024 releases

ford man

37 minutes ago, tractorman314 said:

The New Holland  Combine looks very good, but Ninety quid for a toy suitable for 3yrs and up seems to me to be getting very expensive for a toy.

tractorman314.

Britains are only shooting themselfs in the foot and making toys from the likes of New Ray and Bruder more attractive to a cash strapped parent in a toyshop.  It's all about value for money. Maybe that's why Smyths Toys stopped selling Britains!! 

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Britains are only shooting themselfs in the foot and making toys from the likes of New Ray and Bruder more attractive to a cash strapped parent in a toyshop.  It's all about value for money. Maybe that's why Smyths Toys stopped selling Britains!! 

I certainly won't be buying my son one   I'll keep a watch on ebay for an older britains or siku combine.  Will I buy myself one is an entire different question tho haha    but it is a shame   combines and foragers will always and have always been more expensive than a britains tractor but not this much.   I did think about the newray newholland  and might actually go for one yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CallumC said:

I certainly won't be buying my son one   I'll keep a watch on ebay for an older britains or siku combine.  Will I buy myself one is an entire different question tho haha    but it is a shame   combines and foragers will always and have always been more expensive than a britains tractor but not this much.   I did think about the newray newholland  and might actually go for one yet. 

Smyths have a New Ray box set of a Newholland C9 combine, T7. 270 tractor & trailer, grain silo and a few more little bits for under €40.. Put that on a shelf opposite the Britains NH  combine and see which moves the quickest in sales... It was not too long ago a UH C9 combine was between €90  to €100. Never tought I'd see a Britains push up to that price so quickly. Now I know the NewRay is a pure carpet farming toy.. But Britains are also.. A parent will steer the purchase obviously towards va New Ray or a bigger Bruder..  Britains have basically increased their prices by 100%+ in under 10 years. Who's wages have matched that?? 

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Smyths have a New Ray box set of a Newholland C9 combine, T7. 270 tractor & trailer, grain silo and a few more little bits for under €40.. Put that on a shelf opposite the Britains NH  combine and see which moves the quickest in sales... It was not too long ago a UH C9 combine was between €90  to €100. Never tought I'd see a Britains push up to that price so quickly. Now I know the NewRay is a pure carpet farming toy.. But Britains are also.. A parent will steer the purchase obviously towards va New Ray or a bigger Bruder..  Britains have basically increased their prices by 100%+ in under 10 years. Who's wages have matched that?? 

For a carpet farmer looking to buy his own kit  you would have to wash a lot of cars and windows or work a good fue hours on the farm to get money gathered up for a combine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

55 Sterling... = €65 I spose. Pretty sure I payed less for a Schuco  JD 4955 not long ago..  This ain't worth half that stated price.. 

Much the same here Justin!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:26 AM, justy 46 said:

55 Sterling... = €65 I spose. Pretty sure I payed less for a Schuco  JD 4955 not long ago..  This ain't worth half that stated price.. 

With that price....I wonder do sellers in NI or GB accept a southern Ireland vat number.....??????......ha ha!.

Jesus christ, 64euro for that....I can't believe it...

I remember as a boy in the early 70s buying my daily packet of Smiths salt & shake crisps at the corner shop for 2 1/2 pence, that was the peak of the £pounds purchasing power. It is now all but knackered and a similar packet of crisps in now over 50 pence!  So as the sand runs out of the timer faster towards the end its not surprising to see model prices gettingto daft levels.  It does beg the question however, how can UH roll out the current crop of very accurate tractor models (except MF 6S/7S) for only £65 each.

31 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

I remember as a boy in the early 70s buying my daily packet of Smiths salt & shake crisps at the corner shop for 2 1/2 pence, that was the peak of the £pounds purchasing power. It is now all but knackered and a similar packet of crisps in now over 50 pence!  So as the sand runs out of the timer faster towards the end its not surprising to see model prices gettingto daft levels.  It does beg the question however, how can UH roll out the current crop of very accurate tractor models (except MF 6S/7S) for only £65 each.

Presumably the answer is cheap Chinese labour

• 2 weeks later...

Right my little chickens - I was watching bill from ertl from toy fair. He says britains bringing new stuff out from jcb, claas, John deere and valtra and then I spied this....WTF..

Screenshot_20240212_164342_Gallery.jpg

55 minutes ago, ford man said:

Right my little chickens - I was watching bill from ertl from toy fair. He says britains bringing new stuff out from jcb, claas, John deere and valtra and then I spied this....WTF..

Screenshot_20240212_164342_Gallery.jpg

Cant even see it fordman, is it a new holland?