2024 releases

ford man

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

CASE had high hopes for latest Magnum series but they have bombed!! Anyone wanting that category of tractor goes for Fendt 900, then JD 8R or RX and then a MF 8700S or maybe Valtra S.

Depends on what part of the world you are in to be honest. 

22 hours ago, New Hollander said:

due autumn winter it says. It's about time. NH isn't even selling the T8 in Holland anymore.

I work in a Dealership that sells NH, (I work in ground care) and I can only say I've seen a T8 Smartrax twice on the premises. Not a very good seller compared to the T7HD. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 0025 said:

I work in a Dealership that sells NH, (I work in ground care) and I can only say I've seen a T8 Smartrax twice on the premises. Not a very good seller compared to the T7HD. 

The T8 is too heavy. That's why they developed the T7 HD to fill that gap. It worked, so now they have increased the power of the HD to 340hp.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Tbf anything above 250/300hp fendt and Deere pretty much have the market, others don’t seem to get much of a look in 

In the UK and some parts of Europe maybe.  Go across the pond or down under and Case have the upper had on Fendt. I can honestly say I've seen more Magnums than any of the others in Southern Ireland. 

On 12/29/2023 at 8:29 PM, phil phoenix said:

CASE had high hopes for latest Magnum series but they have bombed!! Anyone wanting that category of tractor goes for Fendt 900, then JD 8R or RX and then a MF 8700S or maybe Valtra S.

Maybe be an idea to check your facts and not go by what you see with your eyes in your local area which let’s face it has some massive green and yellow users who wouldn’t even look at another brand 🙄

There’s a massive backlog of Magnum orders being worked through at the factory, so much so the order book was closed for a big percentage of 2023 to allow them to catch up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav836 said:

Maybe be an idea to check your facts and not go by what you see with your eyes in your local area which let’s face it has some massive green and yellow users who wouldn’t even look at another brand 🙄

There’s a massive backlog of Magnum orders being worked through at the factory, so much so the order book was closed for a big percentage of 2023 to allow them to catch up! 

Backlog was caused by a 260 day! strike at the Racine plant but you're right that not everywhere it's green.

2 hours ago, Gav836 said:

Well I accept its my area Gav, but thats a large chunk of East Anglia as my work takes me all over Cambs, Norfolk & West Suffolk.  I see a sea of green,  loads of Fendt 900s & big JD 8RXs, which have easily outsold the wheeled 8Rs.  Our friends at Pretoria energy (Cambridge) run 20 Massey 8740/32S machines now and theres a few more of these & Valtra S sprinkled about on other farms. But I can honestly say  I only know of two NH T8s and just the one wheeled Magnum 340 at Glover Agri just down the road, and they had so many problems with it in its first year they tried to trade it in to rival brands but couldn't get a decent offer, so they had to persevere with it. I think its finally settled down now and its a nice machine.

I would love to see more magnums about but the ones that Pecks did sell initially were Rowtracs which have mostly been ousted by JDs ridiculously popular 8RX!!  Velcourts have a new Rowtrac at Moulton Manor farms but thats it.  I suspect suffolk may have sold a few more as that was Goodies patch (Mr CASE) for many years. But check out Ernest Doe website or indeed the Doe show and you will see very few old Magnums or T8s in their yards compared to JD dealers who have plenty of 8 series in most of them.

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, New Hollander said:

Backlog was caused by a 260 day! strike at the Racine plant but you're right that not everywhere it's green.

Indeed, been working as a salesman at a Case dealer for the past 7 months so could see what’s in the supply chain to a degree. Was trying not to go into detail over that strike

1 hour ago, Gav836 said:

Indeed, been working as a salesman at a Case dealer for the past 7 months so could see what’s in the supply chain to a degree. Was trying not to go into detail over that strike

Could also have happened at Deere. Unions were trying to make a point. Imagine what would happen when farmers would have a strike for 260 days.

• Like 1

• robbo pinned this topic

The reason Deere were on strike was that the company were trying to mandate the covid jabs, understandably not everyone working there wanted to have one. Hindsight is increasingly proving they were right to refuse it. Many organisations are now openly taking back staff sacked for refusing the jabs, and rightly so, they should be fully compensated in my view.

2 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

The reason Deere were on strike was that the company were trying to mandate the covid jabs, understandably not everyone working there wanted to have one. Hindsight is increasingly proving they were right to refuse it. Many organisations are now openly taking back staff sacked for refusing the jabs, and rightly so, they should be fully compensated in my view.

Why would they be right to refuse a vaccine for a very debilitating virus?

Whatever about someone not wanting to protect themselves and their families, they have no place in a work environment where they could infect their colleagues, including colleagues who are either immune compromised themselves or have family members who are immune compromised.

Compensate them with a P45 and give them the door.

• Like 1