Whats your latest General Buy 2024?

• 3 weeks later...

,Just picked this up,my mates at the local forge not used it for about 2years but was working fine at the time,I need to blow out dust and tidy up a couple of leads and fingers crossed it should be ok,if not I can take it back , single phase 32 amp supply 

IMG_20240123_100542151.jpg

IMG_20240123_100609692.jpg

• Like 4

Hope so Paul, earth lead needs sorting out as slightly damaged and bare wire at start and cable between units needs tidying up on one end as bare cables but nothing to worry about , full of dust so needs a good blow down, then plug in and put wellies on for insulation and a long stick and turn it on 😂 got half bottle of argoshield here few years old from previous mig but hopefully not gone off , hopefully jobs a goodun 

• Like 3

nothing as flash as smithy, my welding was never good to say the least.for me a extractor fan and pipe so i can fit a proper vent in the shed paint booth ,wife's been nagging at me for a while now about when i spray in the shed even though i used a paper face mask , so this should stop her nagging at me now, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, smithy said:

Hope so Paul, earth lead needs sorting out as slightly damaged and bare wire at start and cable between units needs tidying up on one end as bare cables but nothing to worry about , full of dust so needs a good blow down, then plug in and put wellies on for insulation and a long stick and turn it on 😂 got half bottle of argoshield here few years old from previous mig but hopefully not gone off , hopefully jobs a goodun 

Reckon it'll be good Smithy, the modern MIGS have too many printed circuits in them, some of ours here are work are forever blowing boards but the older welders that still have the transformer coils in them rarely give any issues.. I've a 450Amp Kempii here at work that i got given in 1995.... It still puts a good bead down....it wasn't new in 95.... I'm pretty sure the manufacturer plate is stamped 1984.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got mig welder in above posts up and running then my old gauges started leaking expect rubber seal are perished as it's old so nipped to local machinery mart and bought a new gauge as we wanted to carry on with some welding, welder runs a treat. Man in shop asked me what Clarke's welder it was going on ,I said it's not,he said they only fit Clarke's welders 🤔 anyway I pulled out a piece of paper that I had made a note of numbers on from website and said to man do these numbers match up he said yes so I said well that's the one we need and it will fit any welder as it goes on the gas bottle anyway 🤣 he took my money and said if it doesn't fit I could bring it back 👍

IMG_20240204_165134391.jpg

IMG_20240204_165159063.jpg

• Like 3

Smaller unit that holds wire and torch will spend most of its time on the floor as lighter to move whilst welding but it can sit on top of main unit but fixing brackets are missing,I expect my mate at forge chucked it away anyway I made one this afternoon which will bolt into existing holes and top bit will sit on it for storage but it can swivel around if needs to 

IMG_20240201_163833357.jpg

IMG_20240204_165247355.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

As I’m back on the farm and in the workshop welding these days I’ve invested in an airfed helmet from R-Tech. It has good reviews and I’ve had no issues with the welders I’ve bought off them in the past. After a couple hours welding on the hedgecutter whilst still recovering from a 4 week long chest infection  I thought the time was right!

07C52C37-0F41-4562-9638-4C3E0194F194.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smithy said:

where is the air fed from , is it from a pipe from unit around waist or is it a stand on the floor job and trailing pipe 

It’s fed from a belt mounted unit on the waist. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:34 PM, Jd6320driver said:

Upgraded the computer from a laptop into an all singing and dancing gaming pcIMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.0e6cfd9575ace33211fde133c44adb7c.jpeg

Nice! Let’s have the specs then 🤓 I built my own a few years back and just keep upgrading internals now. 

Anyone would think it had been Valentine’s Day recently too by the card 😂

13 hours ago, Gav836 said:

Nice! Let’s have the specs then 🤓 I built my own a few years back and just keep upgrading internals now. 

Anyone would think it had been Valentine’s Day recently too by the card 😂

It’s a intel i5 12400f 

Asus prime h610m-k motherboard 

16gb dd4 ram

1tb ssd 

nvidia rtx 4060 graphics card 

Corsair 550w power supply 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jd6320driver said:

It’s a intel i5 12400f 

16gb dd4 ram

1tb ssd 

means nothing to me ,but i guess it exolains the lack of  new model pics this week 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jd6320driver said:

It’s a intel i5 12400f 

16gb dd4 ram

1tb ssd 

That should handle most things, mine is

Ryzen 7 5800X

Aorus Gaming 7 wi-fi board

32gb DDR4 RAM

Aorus Gaming Master 3070Ti GPU

1TB SSD

1TB HDD

540GB M.1 SSD

240GB SSD with back up operating system

Corsair 850w PSU

5 x Corsair ML fans with liquid cooling for CPU

• Like 2

just ordered a nice little workshop heater for the shed,after my old one decided it only like to produce cold air, had to go  just as i wanted to do some painting didnt it 😂😂😂😂 was pretty a  cr@p one i have to say 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

although yellow the disc's look like a set of Parmiter discs , we had a set in the 70's , they were either mounted or you could drop the headstock which made a drawbar and then you could tow them , ours had wings on and were probably 13 ft wide , they wernt really heavy enough if the ground had gone hard so we would rope some old heavy timbers on the back to help them dig in  , 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...