massey ferguson 550

i use normal polly cement for the glass, like they use for airfix kits, doesn't react with the plastic and go white ,for cutting i tend to make a card template, ( fine card) just bend into the spot and then cut, start with the front screen first then sides, works ok for me, have now cut a template out of thick plasti card so i can just slip round with a pen then cut with a sharp hobby knife

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no dt mate, white metal and fine piano wire ones , just ask him he will know what you mean, bend very easy for shapeing, and the ends are long enough to use for the handrails once you cut them to fit the cab location ,( little tip for ya there,dave please dont shorten them mate ;) ;) ;))

I will have to email DT about them

anyways about 3 or 4 coats ive sprayed the cab all silver but i can spray over after i have masked the top silver ,thats my idea anyway I dont know if its right but we will see how she comes out still a few more coats to go i think wait till it drys then polish it up a little

put her together and decal her up i might aswell get a britains 135 lift hitch another for DT if he does them

here she is anyway in bits  ;D

post-15-132638540654_thumb.jpg

I mostly use Halfords sprays, I find Nissan red 526 is spot on for MF red and its dries much faster than dealer sprays. I also tend to use PVA wood glue for fitting the cab glazing, it dries clear, without fogging up the glass and you can remove any excess with a wet paintbrush if you apply too much. That 550 looks pretty good to me IH885xlman.

i will be doing a 590 (ive got one already but its genuine I dont want to touch it conversionwize so i have 2 595 chassis to build up in a 590 and a 565

i want a typical straw trailer with a bogey like a salop  trailer for the 550

the loader will be fitted to the 565

and the conventional  bailer will be on the 590 and another straw trailer  for when

a field has been bailed so all 3 can lugg

as for grain trailers i might mod the britains  blue silage trailer cut the sides down or compleatly

off and have wooden sides then ontop 1 ft thickness greedy sides with a grain shoot at the back also the pipe and wire holder with hand break on the draw bar for added realisum