Uk spec john deere 4450

Paul Palmer

Does anybody have any pictures of a uk spec john deere 4450, i want to check headlights and side indicators, the britains version if i want a correct uk version shouldnt, i think have indicators up on the cab roofline.Also have seen indicators on the front mudguards and up on the side of the bonnet, anybody that can help?

There was a 4450 or it was maybe a 4455 on a neighbouring farm 

and we almost bought a 4050 in 91 but went for a Fergy 3125  instead but this was swopped after a year as we struggled with the 5 furrow DP7 , brother still reckons that if had bought the 4050 then we would of stayed with it , it was another 10 years before the first John Deere would step onto the farm , a ex hire 7810 from Sharmans 

Edited by Idle Git

There is an article in the Oct 2023 Classic Tractor on a contractor who has used 50 Deeres in the past.  Can see two 4450s in his list, one from 1984 and one from 1987

IMG_2318.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

There is an article in the Oct 2023 Classic Tractor on a contractor who has used 50 Deeres in the past.  Can see two 4450s in his list, one from 1984 and one from 1987

IMG_2318.jpeg

Thanks Joe looks like the 4450 has its indicators on the front mudguards

28 minutes ago, Idle Git said:

There was a 4450 or it was maybe a 4455 on a neighbouring farm 

and we almost bought a 4050 in 91 but went for a Fergy 3125  instead but this was swopped after a year as we struggled with the 5 furrow DP7 , brother still reckons that if had bought the 4050 then we would of stayed with it , it was another 10 years before the first John Deere would step onto the farm , a ex hire 7810 from Sharmans 

Thanks Mark

31 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

Can't tell for sure the tractors are original ROI or UK tractors but the first one has a PUH. Not sure about the rear mudguard extensions.

Thanks new hollander👍

I took these pics of a 4255 which replaced the 4250 back in 1989......................the 4250/5 was 144hp and physically exactly the same as the 4450/5 which was 160hp.  The 55 series were only visually different from 50 series by the decals design and indicator lights where there used to be two normal work lights.

The 4350 replaced the 4240S in 85 and was gone by 87.

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add weights to this model but I think the DT ones with the headlights would sit too high up possibly?  I wondered whether the ones in the HLT picture would look better?  Screenshot from YouTube of a real 4450 by the way

IMG_1370.png

IMG_1371.png