Harvest 2024

I now realize that the Landpower TV team were in the field filming when I was photographing the CR.  I can see the show's presenter sitting in the drivers seat in my pics although he is in the passenger seat on the video's trailer.  

Also on this picture of the machine going up the field you can see one of Waldersley Farms three JD X9s in action.  A nice combine as well, but not as eye catching as the big yellow combine with the fancy Macdon header.

P1020434.JPG

• Like 3

It took me all of harvest 2024 to finally get pictures of a local farms new Lexion combine which had replaced a 770 machine. Everytime I saw it, it was about a mile away on private land.  Finally yestereday it was harvesting the very last field of beans by the road, and the end of harvest 2024. Claas Lexion 8800.

And Maize harvest 2024 begins.

P1020544.JPG

P1020537.JPG

P1020540.JPG

P1020543.JPG

P1020542.JPG

P1020545.JPG

P1020534.JPG

P1020529.JPG

P1020530.JPG

• Like 3

I think the local farm has finished combining now - and I didn’t manage to see any other combines whilst I had the camera with me this year though I don’t think there are any new ones about.

No old ones around my area working anymore. Even Claas Dominators which were common 5 years ago seem to be vanishing along with all small holders. However there is one brand that bucks the trend locally, Massey Ferguson,  I have seen more of the Droningborg harvesters this year than when they used to be new!!  Mainly 1990+ 38s &40s with the black reels as opposed to the red and brown cutters on the very early 88/89 spec machines.

In this picture you can see one farmer has two early 40rs machines in one field, whilst in the background an older 38 machine was chomping away.

P1020527.JPG

P1020526.JPG

• Like 2

A relatively rare sight in these parts, a green Deutz Fahr 7250 and field chaser.

Black ones😎 are more common. One of the locals had a metallic green one last year that looked like a large green bottle fly, but since their dealer ceased trading I notice they have a new black 8280 this year which looks much nicer. Black really suits Deutz more than most brands.

P1020528.JPG

P1020395.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I would highly recommend Micheal Hoeys next open day and well worth the trip even if your coming from abroad... 

You ever up at the place ?? I was loads times some stuff he has 

32 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

I was up there at the 2022 open day.. The most impressive collection of stuff I've ever seen.. 

Ever there before family very nice I know daughter.  Some Massey ferguson shed