What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well that is me a couple of hours into my nightshift, as of yet no work to be done as it is blowing a gale here and the job that was planned tonight was putting isolations and leak testing a 25m tank which requires going on top of it. Limit at which working at height is possible 6 m/s currently 16 m/s, so can only sit tight and see if the wind dies down.

Well the wind has died down today so actually have a little work today. Have signed out the work permit for nitrogen/ helium leak testing of a 21,000m3 capacity tank being filled to a pressure of 0.35barg so not very much pressure wise but a massive volume. Works out a 2 20' tanks of liquid nitrogen, anyone who knows about liquid nitro knows that is boils off to form nitrogen gas and has a 200 time expansion factor from liquid to gas. Helium is only added as a trace as it is a detectable gas unlike nitrogen, apart from keeping an eye on them not alot

Yard work today, cleaned and returned a 3m Rabe power harrow to a farmer who lean't it to us. Fitted new linkage to 5m spring tine picked up from a sale. Fixed a puncture on the Kuhn mower. Helped weld up a cracked beam on the Kuhn plough. Ground still too wet, tomorrows ploughing looks doubtful :(

Nightshift again for me, again with the nitrogen leak testers. Tonight is a different procedure purging oxygen out of the giant tank and pipework, oxygen content has to be less than 3% due to the fact that the tank will have fuel gas in it soon.

I'd love to do that for a day or two Andy  8)

get up here quick ;) i was fed up today as they wanted landing spots sprayed after they had put choppers on them, pretty impossible to do.

the boss is short of drivers this year, not many people like to get up at that time on a cold morning :D

first day this year of de icing at aberdeen airport, 4am start finished at 5.30pm, bl**dy snow in october >:(

I cannot remember when we had snow as early as October Andy. I was amazed yesterday morning the road up from the Red Star pub at Skene to Clinterty had about 2 to 3 inches and the traction control or what they now call it was kicking in. It had been frosty earlier so the back roads were quite treacherous... took me a t least 10 minutes longer to get to work than normal >:( >:(