What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been a cracking day here so been out in the garden and lifted 99 onion setts and put in the greenhouse on the staging to dry and picked up the shallotts, a wheelbarrow load to dry the same way. Also took up the first row of pea haulms and the support netting an stakes and tidy'd it all up. Easy when you use stakes and a roll of electric sheep netting.

Off to the Hampshire Pageant of Motoring at Broadlands to meet up with friends from the model club who are displaying in the arena marquee, have a wander around the stall and see if Jill Horne has anything interesting for me. Usually a couple of stalls with farm models.

Off to the Hampshire Pageant of Motoring at Broadlands to meet up with friends from the model club who are displaying in the arena marquee, have a wander around the stall and see if Jill Horne has anything interesting for me. Usually a couple of stalls with farm models.

Sound nice Sue,get some pictures please  :) :) :)

Just got back from Leeds Festival and back to reality, had a great time. I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms, seriously considering starting a fire on the front lawn whilst kicking back in my fold out chair with a beer and a ciggie.  :D Instead however, i'm catching up with things on here and current affairs of the outside world whilst ridding myself of the aroma and facial hair i've aquired from the last few days. :)

Sound nice Sue,get some pictures please  :) :) :)

Sorry - didn't go in the end.  Weather was overcast, drizzly and I did not fancy driving 25-odd miles to walk around a wet field.  Stayed home seriously refurbishing Leakey Vale's Forge and making horse droppings.

Annoying bit is that now I have had my Sunday lunch and cleared up the sun is shining, but by the time I get to Romsey it will be too late to see anything.

>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

Just got back from Leeds Festival and back to reality, had a great time. I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms, seriously considering starting a fire on the front lawn whilst kicking back in my fold out chair with a beer and a ciggie.  :D Instead however, i'm catching up with things on here and current affairs of the outside world whilst ridding myself of the aroma and facial hair i've aquired from the last few days. :)

Now that sounds like the way to be spending a bank holiday weeked!  8)

Cutting spring OSR. Cut through the first shower, got stopped for half an hour after the second shower. . . . . . Third shower (down pour!) washed us out >:(

Doesn't look like you're going to get much relief for the next few days Tris :(  What do you do in such situations, just sit it out/get on with something else until you get a good enough break?

I fortunately get a 'phone call from log man the same day asking how I'm fixed. So I ask the chaps I'm with at the mo and they say they've a mountain of paperwork and yard jobs to do so If I want I can go off and keep busy elsewhere. Log man is 50% or more of my winter work so better keep him happy. Plus I love it up there too :) Catching up with deliveries today since he has baling as a priority through silage, hay and straw.

Took a cherry tree down for the Councils' building contractor, trimmed a hedge back over a stream and did one of the grass cutting rounds. Off down the house shortly to reseal windows and fit quadrants around the frames to cover it all up. Neat and tidy :)