What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

curtains back up in last spare room,plus mirror and jewellery rack re hung on wall,no more decorating until after christmas at home,bad enough doing it in the week,chilling out now,going down pub with the wife then back to watch football later this afternoon,oh and rebooted a uh fendt 820

Well not to busy of a day for me got up went out for a nice long walk it was a great morning for it nice in dry and cold came back showered poped out got the classic tractor mag and fuel for the van had a nice cuppa while reading the CT mag then cleaned out the fire brought in stuff for the fire pulled the battery out of my brother's car and fitted the new one as Christopher didnt have the time as he was off to play football and thats that for now.

Hope one of them takes your fancy Sue and not all five.. ;D ;D .oh and raining cats and dogs here

One has rather taken my fancy, one is possible (and almost next door), one was a definite NOOOOOOOOOO! and one is a "would like but...", the other was a nice bungalow with potential but too far from the town centre. Never mind, early days yet and there are a lot of other properties that may suit. I am not in any great hurry but viewing property is a good way of getting to know the area.

Tired out but have a glass of wine and a woodstove glowing nicely!

More testing of the js145w today, digging a trench for a new water main, easy digging as it goes through a couple of fields, spreading some more hardcore, then took the js145w round to a pals and stripped his lawn for a larger driveway, thinking the js could be a keeper

you southerner's just don't like snow ,,,,this time of year us guys from up north would have took some snow shoes with us if we were going up mountains ,,,or a good set of boots,,, you know ,,,them ones you said looked like the boxes they came in ,,,these bad boys would have got you through the snow in four wheel drive style ,,, ;)

More testing of the js145w today, digging a trench for a new water main, easy digging as it goes through a couple of fields, spreading some more hardcore, then took the js145w round to a pals and stripped his lawn for a larger driveway, thinking the js could be a keeper

How do these JCB machines compare in the market than, Harry? Price wise and so on. Don't see too many of the bigger JCB machines around with the big plant companies carrying two dozen excavators but the smaller companies, they seem to relish having a big JCB in the fleet if they only have half a dozen machines.

I find with jcb you get a lot more for your money, for example I could go into the dealership tomorrow and order a 2012 plate 3cx sitemaster, quickhitch, 4 buckets and a few optional extras for around the £56000 mark, whereas with caterpillars equivalent model, you pay 4 grand more for the machine, pay extra for attachments and all the other stuff by then your easily 2 or 3 grand more, also jcb have a great after sales service, something goes wrong and a mechanic could be on site with in 2 hours, whereas other companies could be 2 days, and that's why I think smaller companies prefer jcb fast and reliable service and they appreciate there customers, quality built machines that last for ages,

Edited by HWS PLANT HIRE
  • Like 1

More digging, spreading of hardcore and a wee game of darts in the canteen with a couple on my employees and a few water main installers, obviously I won, also found out a steel container makes a bit of a mess, now I've hit rock in the trench, need to get a ripper tooth forn the js145w,

Gave the js145w a rest today as I've hit a rather boggy area, so a jz140 was brought in, and moved another container onto site, and brought a manitou forklift onto the job as the farmers manihoe is a piece of s**t

• Like 1

started work at 7:30, dropped of a 3ton dumper and jcb 8045zts at a site in dundee then upto perth with a jcb 550-80 loadall, swung round by balbeggie and picked up a jcb 8014 and wacker plate, dropped them off in yard and picked up a jcb 3cx and dropped it off in kirkcaldy, home, tea then having a quick squiz through this

28b7067cd66e07ba1a2118a687093bc5.jpg

Well this was my day, just got this small stretch to go then its time to make a mess of the road, hired in a volvo a30f dumper to speed things along, the js145w is staying with us, just need to get Connel his ticket to drive it aswell, but he's paying it himself

Logs, good clear, cold day for it too. Busy time now for firewood, especially with the local stove centre recommending us with every installation. :)

what variety of wood is the best for firewood, I've got a job coming up which involves cutting Down 90-100 spruce, i was thinking about cutting, chopping and the selling it on as firewood, I've had a few people In asking me to keep behind any logs or fence posts I come across, would spruce be any use?

went into town with the intention of xmas shopping, only cash i spent was on lunch, followed by 4 pints of thatchers ,and she bought my present, otherwise nothing, so i guess i will have to try again next saturday while shes got her hair being done,maybe lunch will have too be partaken as well naturally, and may go for the stowfords next time

Went to a local ploughing match...snow at the start then a nice but sunny day during the match until a cold end to the raffle and prize giving....even had to de ice the windscreen just before 4pm when I left for home.... anyway a nice day out walking about and talking to folk and taking pictures etc....and well I'm glad I have gone Quattro since there is no way the old A4 would have gone where my present car went today...had a good laugh with my auto electrician Harvey Sutherland when we watched a BMW getting stuck....we better give him a push said Harvey... to which I said us Audi drivers should keep together and leave BMW's to themselves...he just laughed and had to go and relieve himself ;D  ;D