What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

So after 10 years of going out with Carly, I've finally grown a pair of balls and asked her to marry me, and she's said yes, very happy boy!

Well done that man! :) All down here from now on, etc etc.

congratulations harry!

As for me, yesterday took delivery of the carcass of my inherited Hayward for Vanson 1950s teak sideboard, (the drawers doors shelves and legs were already here). I promised my family food if they would cram into the car with the 2m long sideboard and my friend food if he would help me carry it up the four flights of stairs...
you've all seen the friends episode right? PIVOT, PIVOT, PIVOT.... you get the idea. 
today, I assembled the sideboard, drilled 9 19mm holes  for ventilation at the top of the right hand cabinet, then one big 57mm hole for cables at the bottom of the right hand cabinet. got the xbox, skybox, router hidden in there... here it is!DSCF4300_zps27a14c19.jpg

Maybe a change on the cards Gav? Will you be ploughing after subsoiling or will you just start making ready for spuds

Not likely as my tractor isn't quite two years old yet, they know whats wrong with it but not whats causing it, its one of those problems. We don't plough for spuds if we can help it, it creates two many clods and is a waste of time when you can get as much soil by subsoiling. We only ploughed 30 acres last year after the wet weather to get some air into the soil and let it dry out.

• Like 1

same tractors,same fields,but posh new roller,me rolling today,20 hectares done today,these pictures are of the first field,just over 12 hectares and when i got there first thing helped with a calf being born

post-1769-0-24566700-1364842228_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-83574300-1364842251_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-90734300-1364842267_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-71146400-1364842278_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-60066000-1364842313_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Cleaning out my two new display cabinets acquired from my workplace when they were getting ready to demolish the old labs! Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can get another one :-)

4 feet wide, three feet tall, nice wood, not chipboard, fitted sliding doors and adjustable shelves. Lockable too! Must have been in there for 20 or more years. These are numbered 6 and 7, so I reckon there are 5 more at least knocking around... Got a little staining here and there, probably several years old, but easily cleaned off!

Result!

• Like 1

its been cold again today in north devon,delaying spring drilling at the moment,so hence catching up with the grass fields

It was darned cold in Witheridge on Friday night too! On our way out there, the link road was closed, so we had to detour round Halberton to get to the link road at Tiverton, then found that the Witheridge/Tiverton road is closed and we had to detour out almost to South Molton to get to our destination...

Is all of Devon in the grip of road works?

they do seem to be doing a lot of repairs to all the potholes John

It was darned cold in Witheridge on Friday night too! On our way out there, the link road was closed, so we had to detour round Halberton to get to the link road at Tiverton, then found that the Witheridge/Tiverton road is closed and we had to detour out almost to South Molton to get to our destination...

Is all of Devon in the grip of road works?

Well done that man! :) All down here from now on, etc etc.

congratulations harry!

As for me, yesterday took delivery of the carcass of my inherited Hayward for Vanson 1950s teak sideboard, (the drawers doors shelves and legs were already here). I promised my family food if they would cram into the car with the 2m long sideboard and my friend food if he would help me carry it up the four flights of stairs...

you've all seen the friends episode right? PIVOT, PIVOT, PIVOT.... you get the idea. 

today, I assembled the sideboard, drilled 9 19mm holes  for ventilation at the top of the right hand cabinet, then one big 57mm hole for cables at the bottom of the right hand cabinet. got the xbox, skybox, router hidden in there... here it is!DSCF4300_zps27a14c19.jpg

Cheers Lads,

Well today consisted of saying good bye to 3 2010 JCB 3CX's and hello to a JCB 3CX, JCB 4CX and a JCB 8085zts to join my one, 2 Doosan Midi Diggers leaving tommorow morning, not decided on replacements for these yet as I'm unsure on weather there's enough work to warrant getting 2 new ones, just getting rid of all the 2010 machines with over 3000 hours of the clocks, busy times in the yard just now, unsure weather the the js220 long reach is leaving or if we'll put another 1000 hours on it and decide then.

Well today had its ups and downs headed off today to a horse fair with my mates I'm not into horses but I was told that there would be pints :) and yes there was lots of them but on the way home we met my mates horses on the road 2 mins from home they had broke out so as good boys as we are we all helped to get them in but as I was doing a good deed I went over on my ankle a messed my ankle and I'm laying up in a bad way it could be broke waiting on Natalie super nurse to come home after her day in A&E to look at it we homer for her :D

Well yesterday was a first for me!

I have baled grass in all weathers over the years, at least thats what I thought.

At the end of last year there was still about 60 acres of contracted conservation cut and clear work left to do when the ground conditions got too wet to travel on.

The last trailer that we got out of a site was pushed from behind with 2 other tractors and a round bale int the grab! then we had to sort out the mess.

So with the ground just about dry enough and the need for 30 acres to be done by the end of march we thought we'd push on and get it done. Mowing and raking was ok but then it started to snow! First time ever that I have bales grass and snow!

well 100 acres nearly done today,another chap has took over from me and he's going through the night,tomorrow back to grassland rolling,no spare tractors so had a new holland 6070 hired in today,from a local guy,i had one field to do at follygate,which is near okehampton, then on to a block of fields at northlew again near okehampton,heres the pictures,the third picture is the first field i did at northlew,first 2 pictures are at follygate,the rest  are of the block of fields at northlew

post-1769-0-90199200-1365279855_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-70368400-1365279950_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-21055400-1365279966_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-38483900-1365279976_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-33305100-1365280052_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali
  • Like 2

last pictures of todays work,last 2 pictures you can clearly see the tors over dartmoor

How do you rate the replacement machine, bit of a downgrade from the Fendt

perhaps im posting to much,my pictures at work barely raise a comment,and no offence to other topics of guys at work,but they allways get replys,perhaps its because its the same job im showing,dont really know

Surprising that, as your photos are excellent particularly todays' ones from sunny dusty south Devon. I'm angling for this work myself at the mo so it has particular interest. There doesn't seem to be that many folks around at the moment so give it time Paul

perhaps im posting to much,my pictures at work barely raise a comment,and no offence to other topics of guys at work,but they allways get replys,perhaps its because its the same job im showing,dont really know

It's the evening prior to Spalding Paul, and they have only been posted up an hour, it's understandabley going to be a little bit quiter on here. I've no doubt there are plenty forum members who really enjoy seeing your photographs of the machines you have been driving and the wonderful countryside you're surrounded by, but, don't necessarily choose to comment. I'm certainly very appreciative of anyone who share's photographs of what they have been up to and the machines they operate. Even if I don't comment on everyone's "real machinery" posts, I certainly enjoy taking the time to look at them. Might be worth setting up an individual topic to group your pictures together or use the forum's blog facility. :)

• Like 2