What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

RECOVERING!

I've not been on the forum for a while, because...

This past week, I've:

Lit and filmed two drama workshops at the local school,

Lit and filmed a dance show,

Filmed a dance exam at the school,

Lit, amplified and produced a variety concert,

Lit, amplified and produced 5 lunchtime concerts with 4 bands/performers per day,

Played a Christmas gig at the local old folks home

AND converted a huge dining hall to a theatre for a one hour show...

I'm kna**ered!

Tomorrow is a two hour show with about 10 bands and then...

I'm free until after Christmas! Yay!

28th Dec we are playing in the centre of the known universe - Paracombe, in North Devon!

Then the year begins again...

Happy Christmas to you all!

• Like 1

got in at 1.30 am after a unexpected trip to recover my car at the sports center , then up to the hospital, wife got taken up there at 9.45 last night with a suspected broken ankle, however she's been lucky as such and it was just dis-located, ,had it popped back in, and bought her home with a load of pain killers  and a prescription for more which I just got ,for a non contact sport this netballs a dangerous game, I had less injurys playing rugby

Was at my local mart last night they had there Christmas market last night sheep,horse and poultry was very temped to buy a few hens but I will leave it until the new year and have somewhere ready for them.

Picture12043_zps5739c8cc.jpg

Picture12044_zpse90cdebb.jpg

Picture12045_zps51397c17.jpg

got in at 1.30 am after a unexpected trip to recover my car at the sports center , then up to the hospital, wife got taken up there at 9.45 last night with a suspected broken ankle, however she's been lucky as such and it was just dis-located, ,had it popped back in, and bought her home with a load of pain killers  and a prescription for more which I just got ,for a non contact sport this netballs a dangerous game, I had less injurys playing rugby

Sean, there comes a time when Old Father (or Mother) Time speaks and it is time to hang up the boots and watch the younger ones doing the running around, maybe that time has come

Just drew the turkey for tomorrow, and I don't mean with a pencil! ;)

I recall hearing the story of a farmer and son from Oldmeldrum had a big problem doing that to one turkey one year since it was more a kin to the size of an ostrich than a turkey......not to be beaten they managed to draw its neck with the aid of the the bench vice in the workshop.

• Like 1

Not back at work until 6th. Jan, Hurrah I thought! Then Mrs. Bigbear gave me the list of people coming here for meals... Ho-hum... Looks like we've got guests every day except the 28th., when I'm out playing a gig and the 4th. Jan, when I've offered to drive our daughter to a wedding in Hampshire. If I don't drive her there for 3 p.m., then pick her up at midnight, she'll have to pay a couple of hundred pounds for train fares and a hotel. Dad's taxi is free, even at the age of 30!!! :-)

Happy Christmas to you all!

Edited by bigbear
  • Like 2

Well another normal day for us offshore workers. Been at work since 6 most people have got day off not the operations department normal day for us today.

Special meal at lunchtime I am sure it will be on a par with Christmas day then 2 raffles and a quiz hopefully add to my winnings for the trip.

Ah well nearly home time.

For this time of year a rather mild day so I decided to sort out some scrap from my late fathers garage and two lofts and some things from my own garage. A trip to the scrap man is needed some afternoon next week me thinks.

P1090683_zps8573e8fb.jpg

P1090681_zps314edd19.jpg

P1090680_zps34646c21.jpg

P1090679_zpsce6c913c.jpg

de-nailed  and stacked up 25 m of reclaimed close board fencing strips ready  for a up coming project  , just need to get the rails and posts, ,then noticed that one of the current fences has surcumb to the winds, the middle post has snapped at the base ,so fitted some temp braces to stop it going over tonight give the forecast, have dug the hole out ready to remove the concrete block, and got a new post and bag of post-crete ready to go  for tomorrow weather depending , hopefully it will just be a case of out with the old post ,concrete block out ,then  new post back in,  re screw to the rails, and re concrete ,

• 3 weeks later...