What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

• 2 weeks later...

Think yourself lucky it was dry enough to do the shed mate , mines so wet the dockyards moved Into the back garden

Your right we were lucky, the wind was blowing like mad all day Saturday and really dried them out, they are both 4 months old , and were desperate to be done as moisture was coming in around the nail holes, should be all good now,

keeping warm and dry ,currently got 80 odd mph winds, again, and yes its still raining :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: really wishing the top of the oak tree out the back will blow off, saving us money in the summer to get it cut back properly, maybe then if e get sun I can dry the swimming pool out, sorry back garden

got sent to a mates today by our boss, to assist him as he lost part of his roof last night, which his mate was sorting today, but we had to help pull his conservatory back down to the ground level, remove a few pains of glass, then drill it back to the footings with our big kango drills and bolts, fitted it back down with huge bolts sealed down  with a resin we use to build boxes in the road way , put the pains back in, but couldn't do anything but board up the broken ones against the house as best we could, good job we are quiet as such right now on our side, and very good of the boss to send us round to I thought, amazing how the wind had lifted it up at about 45 degrees to the wall ,one end was about 6 ft of the ground when we got there

• Like 1

Not the sort of conditions down here in Devon that you could do much today. As you can gather from Sean down there in Plymouth, all last night and all day today we've been blasted with phenomenal strong winds and buckets of rain causing a lot of damage, you've probably been watching on the National news about the railway lines being washed out at Dawlish. The barometric pressure is so low that it's off the scale, lower than I can ever recall.

It's buggered my London trip to now , train lines out for at least 6 weeks , so looks like a coach first as no way am I loosing my hotel and show money due to it , it's not like we do t get sever storms , it's the norm this egg , it's more the 3 rd I. A row with a suspected bigger no4 due Friday into sat , honestly can't remember this many so quickly

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't even ask to do it , boss has said he wants someone who can sort the work issues and deal with the new guys issues to , and so car they all seem to be reporting back that I am very good and easy to speak to over problems? No idea where that's come into it but the normal guy that covers ain't happy to say the least

• Like 1

Mrs Bigbear and I took a rare day off and went over to Lyme Regis to take some sea air. The sun shone and we sat and watched the guys repairing the beach and harbour after the storms. Looked like the breakwater really did its job well as there were hardly any broken windows along the sea front and it's a pebbly beach!

A bag of chips while sitting on the sea wall and a bit of a walk about and it was time to come home.

An extra result! While in Lyme, I saw a pair of shoes I liked, but they were £60 - more than I usually like to pay for work shoes - but on the way home we called into Mole Valley Farmers and the very same style and make of shoes were £34 in their sale! An excellent end to a day out, in my book!

Edited by bigbear
  • Like 1

sun was out this morning but rain again this afternoon been walking round 2 fields today with a chainsaw taking down the big bits that over hang the fields should be better for the hedge cutter after harvest

What a lovely job to do on a nice sunny day :)

• Like 1

Just discovered that tomorrow I'll be helping our neighbour recover all of the stuff that's blown off his yard over the last few weeks. It's all over the field behind, I'm told... Another good volunteering job done by Mrs BB! Can't say I'd refuse, though, as he has let me store 120 odd pallets up there for firewood AND use his bandsaw to cut it all into useable chunks, so I owe him a big one... Fingers crossed for a dry day!

• Like 1

Today I decided since it was such nice weather I would paint my mother's garage door since the paint had gone flat and each time you touched the door you got copper beach stains on your fingers. Not my preferred colour for a door but well dad had at least still more than 1/2 of a tin of Dulux Trade paint left so I thought I might as well use it since my late dad did not like waste. Anyway a couple of mum's neighbours thought I was doing a fine job and it matched in with the house so that made me feel not so bad ;D  ;D ..in fact if the weather is as good tomorrow I will give it a second coat since if I don't the reaming paint in the tin will just solidify :huh:

IMG_0716_zpsff8c5400.jpg