What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

17 hours ago, walterderwent said:

Impressive outfit. Stand to be corrected but it looks identical to FGS Agri's digestate spreading rig. :) 

Not sure on that one David only words on it was Liquid Digestate Solutions   

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:44 PM, MDFord said:

Nice log set up Smithy, is that your timber or just helping out ?

I like doing logs, something very enjoyable with the smell of the wood, the sawing and splitting with an axe to produce a source of heat.

Sorry for late reply not been on here for a few days , no its not my wood it belongs to a 74 year young mate of mine that runs a small fire wood business I have been just helping out on the chainsaw as since he had a stroke about 2 years ago he finds it difficult to pull the cord on saws but he is ok on sawbench and splitters so I cut it into appox 4foot lengths which is them manageably for him on saw bench . Yes you cant beat cutting up wood as you can keep warm and see at the end of the day a big heap of logs and think I did that    

I wonder if FGS Organics owns Liquid Digestate Solutions,as there doesn't appear to be a business as such called Liquid Digestate Solutions https://www.duedil.com/company/09212270/liquid-digestate-solutions-limited and FGS have Liquid Digestate Solutions equipment on their web site,??? http://www.fgsorganics.co.uk/digestate/

Regards

Joe.

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

The plot thickens Joe, makes more sense for the machine to have come from Norfolk rather than Kent to work near smithy, maybe they cover East Anglia area for FGS?

Sounds feasible to me Mark,

Regards

Joe.

15 hours ago, smithy said:

Spent a few hours today cutting grass along a ditch as the costumer I was working for wants to clean it out , then when I was back I gave the fleet a quick wash down

20160505_185503.jpg

20160505_190231.jpg

20160505_190612.jpg

20160505_190301.jpg

20160505_190434.jpg

Smart line up mr smith, don't leave um like that to long as the locals will be thinking its a sale!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

So new loader tractor next then smithy ?? 

It would be the next one to look at its a handy little tractor as I can get under the low bridge down at Needham Market when I have to go and cut the hay on the other side its a 40 min drive round but on the loader side it don't go high enough to lift over lorries for loading grain got buy up till now but it is something we are looking into  

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

What about a telehandler ?? Keep the case loader then, would reduce the usage on it and keep the access options? Otherwise a front loader for the case maybe ?? Bigger lift ect 

Yes have for past year been looking at telehandler option , I often borrow/hire one of my mate at harvest time . I still need the 3 tractors as the 2 big one do most of the main work then 4240 does the odd jobs as plenty big enough for bags of fertilizer etc , I have Mr Goodwin working on it so watch this space

• Like 2

Just back from the bttc races at thruxton, cracking day out, and the added bonus of being right beside 3 huge crashes, one involving a airborne Clio ,which at one point left us viewing its entire underside before hitting the barriers, then a great 3 car one in the first main race ,leaving two Hondas and a mg wrecked,mg was airborne at one point to, somehow all 3 made it out for race two 1 & 3/4 hrs later mind 

• Like 1

A few weeks back I posted some pictures of some concreting I had done at my mates workplace , well I have been back and built them there smoking shelter that they require for there workers as to the plans drawn up by the MD of the company , it will be hot inside it on the hot days but b##### cold standing inside it on the other days by law it has to be only 50% covered in so 50% airflow    

20160506_142534.jpg

20160506_142520.jpg

20160506_142507.jpg

20160506_142447.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Cattle out off shed now time to get some turf home that in shed for few years. Fendt 312 loading it up 

20160509_115017.jpg

20160509_115026.jpg

20160509_115034.jpg

When you say turf trigger what is it as turf to me is a length of grass rolled up to be re-laid , is it peat dug out by hand dried then used instead of wood on your fire