What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Still trawling the yards then smithy , looking for anything in particular kit wise??

for me , been up since 7 , first coat of paint on the front room ceiling and a coat  1 gloss wise round 3 walls worth , just got to wait for the plumbers Tuesday before I can put the last walls on as I need to do some boxing of the pipes , now out outlaw visiting before back home and coat 2 all round if poss 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MadMark said:

I would say the crawlers/ McCormicks is R H Crawford & son at Frithville near Boston Chris

That's exactly what I thought Mark, couldn't remember the name of the place near Boston that they were at, been a long,long time since I was up there.

well to day iv been board stif watching 2 39 tonne rrvs both fitted with vibromax piling rigs

vibrating 7meter long, 200mm square H beams in the ground too leave 1 meter out each 1 takes 10 mins to do

but the machine broke down more that work ( don't say old machiney allways  a problem ) each machine had less that 100 hrs on the clock factory fresh

wot a day

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

looks like you've been keeping busy and been clocking up the miles touring about there Smithy :)

Yes done a few miles last few months but you have to travel to look at agri-machines as they are not always on your doorstep like 2hand cars are and if you don't get to look for yourself on things you don't really now if its value for the money

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, chris.watson said:

Nice pictures smithy, where were the dealers yards, up Lincolnshire way? I say that as there is a lot of crawlers in one yard.

Yes Chris first ones was Crawfords and other one was Doubledays at Holbeach  its a long story but got asked if I could do a little job up that way for a well know tractor maker cant say too much about it at the moment so I made the day up by having a look about

2 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes Chris first ones was Crawfords and other one was Doubledays at Holbeach  its a long story but got asked if I could do a little job up that way for a well know tractor maker cant say too much about it at the moment so I made the day up by having a look about

Look forward to the update when all is revealed smithy mate.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, Tractorman810 said:

Still trawling the yards then smithy , looking for anything in particular kit wise??

for me , been up since 7 , first coat of paint on the front room ceiling and a coat  1 gloss wise round 3 walls worth , just got to wait for the plumbers Tuesday before I can put the last walls on as I need to do some boxing of the pipes , now out outlaw visiting before back home and coat 2 all round if poss 

Yes still looking about ,not going to buy anything right at this moment but we are looking at teleporters ,ploughs 120hp tractors with front end loaders which there is a good selection up Lincolnshire way as they all have to load up the trailers they are pulling about with the veg that has been freshly harvested also been looking at combines as myself and my mate colin have been asked if between us we could harvest about 70 acres in a years time (2018) my combine would do it no problem but colins is ok for his acres but would struggle if it was a wet harvest so I am not saying we are going to but maybe swap both in for a newer one ,colin has to cut and cart his own so is limited to what he can do in a day I have the wife to cart mine(which bless her she do quite well )so the 3 off us could mow a bit more in a day with a newer machine if we do take on this little contract I am also looking for a good tandem axle 7/8 ton trailer with a rotten body as I have a good body to fit on it anyway we are looking now so we have time to think about things and not/maybe buy the first ones we see      

11 minutes ago, jamiemaclean1 said:

smithy doubledays yard holbeach is direcetly behind our yard I live where the four big barns are for straw if ur ever near there watch out for my mccormick

18318033_10211708722967348_1620821785_o.jpg

Ok will do never saw the barns but stopped at agri-sly or something like that there was a lot of cattle with calves beside Doubledays ,there is a possibility I might be back up there soon as I might have sold something to them which at this moment belongs to two other friends and I might have to deliver it if deal goes though   

After a bit of a meeting which involved coffee and biscuits well several biscuits myself and two other mates decided to buy this tractor which we got home on Monday it is at my mates house as he has jobs for it to do  

20170501_122537.jpg

20170501_122554.jpg

20170501_122612.jpg

20170501_122629.jpg

• Like 4

In its day the IH 674 was a big tractor, 78hp and was the prime mover on quite a few farms round here. It was the largest of the World Wide Series at the time. It's amazing how small it looks today and no more than a yard tractor for most people

1 hour ago, smithy said:

After a bit of a meeting which involved coffee and biscuits well several biscuits myself and two other mates decided to buy this tractor which we got home on Monday it is at my mates house as he has jobs for it to do  

20170501_122537.jpg

20170501_122554.jpg

20170501_122612.jpg

20170501_122629.jpg

It's not that 120hp tractor with the loader that you was looking for or you have been short changed! Like you said you need to go and look before buying ha ha.

• Like 1

Very nice Mr Smith! what age is it Smithy, will you do anything with it (restoration wise) or leave it as it is.

Just caught up on this topic, you have been a very busy man indeed!! ;) but please..........you cant let the TX34 go!!!!!!  :-[ 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jamiemaclean1 said:

smithy doubledays yard holbeach is direcetly behind our yard I live where the four big barns are for straw if ur ever near there watch out for my mccormick

18318033_10211708722967348_1620821785_o.jpg

nice mccormick:)

• Like 1