What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Got called out at 4.30 this morning after the guy meant to be doing this planned  works cable shift went sick , prob out drinking last night knowing him, the 2 jointers didnt know till they arrived, and they didnt want to cancle the job so woke my boss up to get him to call as technically i am not on call with this new job, he wasnt overly impressed mind  “was having. Dirty dream “ apparently  was bos comment:D:)

• Haha 3

been out in the shed sorting a few bits, mainly the lister elevator i got, after a bit of wd40 and a good 10 mins of gentle twisting with the pliers i have to the motor running sweet as a nut now, also freed the belt up from the frame where the good old rubber /plastic melt has occurred, so moves nicely on the handle, have re assembled it now,so i guess i can hunt down a battery pack and lead if i can 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My old personal entry door on my main barn was getting a bit worn in places so the other morning I stripped it out and replaced it with a new one :) just needs the number 10 put on it :D .Half way though the job it pored of rain but got it done just got to tidy up a couple of bits and give it a clean when time and weather allows   

20180127_091826.jpg

20180127_091836.jpg

20180127_161825.jpg

20180127_162009.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mb86 said:

Nice job there smithy. I was thinking why you needed a door when the next bay was open? :P Then I saw the last two pics.:D

Thanks , yes need that door to get in to unlock the two main sliding doors next to it , need to keep it secure as I sometimes have to hide/store my latest models in there so the wife don't see them :D . Don't let on but there is 3 I put in there in the last week or so will get pictures hopefully today :) but don't tell anyone its are secret :ph34r: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, smithy said:

Thanks , yes need that door to get in to unlock the two main sliding doors next to it , need to keep it secure as I sometimes have to hide/store my latest models in there so the wife don't see them :D . Don't let on but there is 3 I put in there in the last week or so will get pictures hopefully today :) but don't tell anyone its are secret :ph34r: 

Nice door smithy, hanging baskets would finish it off nicely.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, chris.watson said:

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, chris.watson said:

Yes there's a few baskets I would like to hang :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, Tractorman810 said:

top left corner smithy, face mask as i am guessing asbestos pannels , and cut that little corner off as i can put money on you will walk into it   :D:D:D

Yes got that to do when it stops raining and need the wind to be blowing keeps the dust away ,also got to drill doorframe and fix into new block work but giving it a good week to dry so I don't crack the joints then just a bit off silicone around the frame and its finished

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, 844john said:

:)The start of my least favourite job, troughing the yowes (that's sheep to anyone south of Darlington;)) for the next month before they come inside to lamb. Once they're inside then its a quick and actually fairly pleasant job, outside it frequently resembles a rugby scrum, being mugged by hoards of hungry wooly mouths with the sole purpose of trampling you into the clarts just to get at the goodies that you have in the bag. Mind you, I have heard that for some sheep men up in the hills it is actually a pleasurable experience, with some likening it to being swamped by gangs of rampant groupies after a gig, but the least said about that the better......:blink::D

WP_20180206_11_12_32_Pro.jpg

Best see if I can get a flock (think that's what we call them) of sheep and move up in to the hills :)

• Like 2