What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Indeed although this things rusting already both arches on the rear , and its not accident damage , coming through under the paint   Just been told no van tomorrow now , seems the part is  coming from italy now  , as uk out of stock , its only a tiny 10cm long metal box with a sensor and a inlet and outlet pipe thats gone, most of the top end of the engine is off and arround the floor , headlights are out and radiator , whats the  betting i will have a water leak when i get it back 

• Like 2

got a call first thing to say they had done my van, so unloaded all my kit of the borrowed one, and set off, made it a little further. this time, about 3/4 of a mile from the yard,  bing bing engine warning lights ,limp mode again, and a couple of red ones this time to, so decided to just ring the aa, recovered back and bemused faces from our expert team of crack mechanics :blink:, rang them this afternoon for an update, they are now waiting on 3 more sensors to be delivered and they aint 100% sure thats the issue anyway yet again , so no van tuesday now, if it costs me a days ot,and stops the job planned on wednesday my boss isnt going to be happy, he far from happy about it being of the road all week already 

• Like 2

still no van, and yet again no spares avaiable, fiat sent the wrong part down, hopefully a non fiat part coming now from a local parts company, but same make part with luck back for me tomorrow for overtime, got to ring at 3.30 to find out otherwise its cost me 500 quid in lost overtime after last monday as well ,  but my boss has been fine,hes angry as hell and put in a complaint,but said go home, don't book holiday just take 1 hrs flex at 16.10 ,he said “not your fault and my boss wont let me hire in a external van due to costs “ 

did joke with him today saying just make it unservicable and order me a new transit, but that wont happen, will be intresting to see if they have fixed it ,as they were not 100% sure this second part was the issue, which is worrying , but as my boss and the garage boss said, if bt buy cheap s**t this is what  happens. we all know they bought them very cheap as they were not euro 6 compliant so fiat had to off load them cheap or re engine them before selling them after 1st of jan 2017 , rumor has it they got them at 5k a van plus the internal racking . thats a hell of a discount 

• Like 1

Aaarrrrrrrrrrr. Back in the van managed 1 mile this time luckly it died before i got onto the dual carriageway so didnt cause any major issues, just been recovered back to the yard  and now in a daily bire combo thing , looks like mines on its way to the dealer now or with luck the bloody scrap yard 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Aaarrrrrrrrrrr. Back in the van managed 1 mile this time luckly it died before i got onto the dual carriageway so didnt cause any major issues, just been recovered back to the yard  and now in a daily bire combo thing , looks like mines on its way to the dealer now or with luck the bloody scrap yard 

bloody hell Sean,no luck what so ever with that van,torch it mate

17 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Was 100% fine bar its planned oil service on the 23rd march, i made it 200m from the workshop on the monday and that was it , but its nothing the garage have done honest , one hell of a coincidence aint it  

it is Sean,hope you hire van is allright

spent last night snow ploughing , thought we be finished with this stuff by now , it rained heavy all day till around four pm then snowed , thoughts go out to those lads/lasses who are having to lamb in this crazy weather , it is truly awful time for them 

similar weather back in the mid 80s, my brother reminded me of a day when after a full days lambing we had less live lambs than we had at 6am that day 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dm434 said:

spent last night snow ploughing , thought we be finished with this stuff by now , it rained heavy all day till around four pm then snowed , thoughts go out to those lads/lasses who are having to lamb in this crazy weather , it is truly awful time for them 

similar weather back in the mid 80s, my brother reminded me of a day when after a full days lambing we had less live lambs than we had at 6am that day 

I hope that's the last of it too David, yesterday was absolutely horrendous, we've been lambing about a fortnight now and today is the first day we've turned anything out that will be staying out, needless to say we just about had sheep in the house they were that tight for space! However, if you're clever enough, there's always a nice bed to be found!:)

WP_20180405_17_32_25_Pro.jpg

• Like 7

had a whole day with a van :D:D:D lovley 08 plate vauxhaul combo, with 177000 miles on the clock, and it shows, mines away to the dealers next thursday as my boss has been kicking up a stink over the origonal 4 week lead time, as as his boss . only one advantage ,its got no tracker in it at all, and no logos ,so i may time allowing have to do a few minor errands with it :blink:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

had a whole day with a van :D:D:D lovley 08 plate vauxhaul combo, with 177000 miles on the clock, and it shows, mines away to the dealers next thursday as my boss has been kicking up a stink over the origonal 4 week lead time, as as his boss . only one advantage ,its got no tracker in it at all, and no logos ,so i may time allowing have to do a few minor errands with it :blink:

Tracker on my works van dose not work either :) they have to keep calling me to find out where I am :D 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, Tractorman810 said:

got held up on the a38 today near newton abbot ,it seems someomes plan to start silage didnt get off to a good start, no one hurt mind 

730C562C-C3A5-4057-BCEC-41E807C603E5.jpeg

Ohh ....DEERE. me ...would you look at ball of flame !!!!  :D

• Sad 1

One of the many jobs I have been helping with in the last few weeks , This metal fire escape at Framingham Collage was rusty and rotten so 3 off use took it down with a gas-axe and sent it of to the scrape yard (got some model spending money out of it )  We had allowed two days to get it down but did it in one longer day but still got payed for two

20180326_101318.jpg

20180326_101324.jpg

20180326_103657.jpg

20180326_103709.jpg

20180326_103933.jpg

20180326_104121.jpg

20180326_104130.jpg

20180326_120640.jpg

20180326_120656.jpg

• Like 1

We had built this one a week before taken the other one out and sent of to be galvanised and had it delivered strait to the college it then took us 2  hard days to fix in place  JCB teleporter was a 12-5meter reach and only just got us there

20180405_102419.jpg

20180405_102451.jpg

20180405_102610.jpg

20180405_102629.jpg

20180405_102659.jpg

20180406_104948.jpg

20180406_104958.jpg

20180406_105016.jpg

20180406_154819.jpg

• Like 5

just getting bored testing more fibres, 276 of them  on this one, cant turn up when its raining can they. also been told to extend my hire van for another 2 weeks, my normal ones currently in the middle of a dispute,the bill to fix it,a new turbo,i tercooler,infact pretty much the entire boost system , is 3500 quid inc manhours, dealer is saying its normal wear and tear, bt are arguing its still under warrenty , and a turbo ect should last more than 33000 miles. had it been out of warranty and given its resale value it would prob have been made BER (beyond economic repair) and a nice new transit would be heading my way ,only been 4 weeks since it broke down 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:46 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Busy times again for you then Smithy, at least you haven't spent all your hard earned on models with your new David Brown tractor too :) Hope your keeping well and that you enjoy your new toy ;)

Yes still busy at the moment allow we nearly done on two of the building projects so should be back to working sensible hrs soon , Only came across the david brown by chance was talking about a lawn mower to a mate of mine as he said he was looking out for a big one for a friend of his as they was selling there tractor to get something more modern so I went and looked as all I was told was its old and red anyway the money I had put to one side after selling several brochures was soon spent on the david brown     

• Like 3

Been power-harrowing today getting land ready for sugar beet my neighbour that drills them for me said he would do them on sunday so I thought Friday and Saturday I could get it ready then at 7pm on Thursday he rung me again with change of plan he would be here at 7am Saturday so I have just spent 16hrs going up and down listening to the radio anyway its ready for him  

20180420_095844.jpg

20180420_195528.jpg

20180420_195601.jpg

20180420_195619.jpg

20180420_201002.jpg

20180420_201353.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1