What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

smithy, did you by any chance go to the paul cable sale mate?? theres a vid on facebook,the big six cylinder ford club or similar of the county 1474 and i swear blind your in it, right in the middle, front of the bonnet mate,

yes I was down there and yes that is me , only decided to go late on Friday night as a mate of mine was dropping some people off at Heathrow early Saturday morning so got asked if I would go down and then double back to the sale , I have some pictures to post bit later on    

• Like 3

5 hours ago, smithy said:

yes I was down there and yes that is me , only decided to go late on Friday night as a mate of mine was dropping some people off at Heathrow early Saturday morning so got asked if I would go down and then double back to the sale , I have some pictures to post bit later on    

I thought it was you , but you hadnt mentioned it socwasnt sure, did you buy anything?? I suspect given the prices like that county the answers no 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I thought it was you , but you hadnt mentioned it socwasnt sure, did you buy anything?? I suspect given the prices like that county the answers no 

Had not mentioned it as did not know I was going till late Friday night as goody had been asked at the last minute to drop a couple of people of at Heathrow as they was flying out to the case combine factory (I could have gone as well but because I only had a few days notice and have two important meetings this week I had to say no but I will next time ) . I did not buy anything but goody bought a welder which I now have as he only wonted the trolley that it was in picture will follow    

• Like 1

Great set of pics Smithy, thanks for posting. The 7700,7710 and  2wd  TW20&25's would be my pick,  nice to see them in that condition.

I learnt to weld on a Pickhill Bantam identical to that one a fair while ago, still got the casing as a parts box somewhere.....

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jmd said:

matt slitting dont know if thats the correct term but thats what he calls it

matts 003.jpg

matts 001.jpg

matts 002.jpg

Slitter Aerator is what the machines are called , so matt is right as he is slitting the ground as it relieves compaction &promotes healthier root system (that's what it say in the OXDALE PRODUCTS CATALOGUE ) well done Matt good to see what you are up too

• Like 4

Been spending some time over the weekend trying to get the veg garden back from a state of neglect (the sheep we're in at one point over the winter!) The bottom bed is still a work in progress but will eventually be a fruit bed. Also been busy helping with some fencing.:)

WP_20180520_17_03_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20180520_17_10_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20180518_14_23_42_Pro.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Also spent a bit of time on this shed where I keep a few spare parts and all the other stuff that might be useful one day , I removed 2 windows as the wooden frames was a bit rotten and put one second hand plastic frame back plan on finishing one night this week 

20180519_182948.jpg

• Like 5

after 1 day short of nine weeks i finally got my van back this morning, and its managed 150 miles today with out any issues, not going to tempt fate by saying its fixed. just yet mind,  no idea what else was wrong other than the origonal new turbo being fitted.amazing as bad as it is to drive over a transit, how much better it is to drive over a 08 plate vauxhall combo ,and i have all my tools etc back .

• Like 2

been watching a few grassmen videos on youtube tonight ,a priest  was drawin silage with mb trac  with donkey in cab,donkey says drive it like your late for mass father absolute classic.champions league final is on youtube tomorrow night for free not on tv as such.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Tractorman810 said:

I quote “you never know” which in smithy language means hes bought one and we need to guess what one:D i go for the loader  one 

Yes I would go for the loader one but like I said I am only looking at the moment , both of these tractors should be available in a couple of months as and when the new ones get delivered by are local dealership so I have a bit of time to make my mind up  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes I would go for the loader one but like I said I am only looking at the moment , both of these tractors should be available in a couple of months as and when the new ones get delivered by are local dealership so I have a bit of time to make my mind up  

be both then :ph34r:;):D

• Like 1