What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

7 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers John, some of them haven't been out in daylight for 12 months :D  The Duncan cabbed Deere is sat here now haha, a purchase off Andy, it's a spec cast 2020 that has Andy's cab and wings, new linkage, new front axle and set of wheels and tyres right round, even the toolbox has a lift out tray, will get some better photo's of that and the unidrill (another addition) for my collection thread

Superb table full of models Paul, look forward to seeing some of them on the flesh at Penrith. Lovey transcontinental in your photos too. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, robbo said:

So what's the verdict Smithy, is that your next purchase?

It is a nice/good plough on one bit of stubble there was a mat of chopped but wet straw which would have blocked my plough but this one buried it no problem , the hydraulic vari width was handy as I the first field I had it opened up to about 18inch furrows as it was nice land but when I moved over to the clay bit I have where my sugar beet had been I closed it up to about 30cm ,12inch as ground was rock hard but at a steady slower pace than other field it turned it over nicely. Because of the point to point clearance being more than my dowdeswell it is about 3foot longer which at the start took a bit of getting used to on turning on headland did a bit of hedgcutting a couple of times :o,  I have been looking for a good second hand plough for a couple of years but all the ones I saw had welding done here and there , paint work rough and rusty and looking along the points some did not line up so they had been traded in for a reason , will I buy this one , well on its performance of what I have done yes I would not sure of the price on it as have not asked as yet because I just said I would like to have a go with it on my land and Kongskilde said we will bring it out  which was good of them I do hope to have a fresh plough for next season and I have a couple of dealer shows to attend over winter months so will be looking at other makes but at the moment this one is high up on the list , might have to take Mr Goodwin out for a curry one night and try to get some discount out of him :D    

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

never seen that before smithy,a screen to watch rather than turning round, is that with the plough or something you set up?? 

£37 of ebay 7inch LCD colourer monitor and 2 cameras  saves a lot off back ache looking around at what ever is on the back also on the road you can see the mad ones trying to over take on the blind bends . It also works in the dark but only in black and white , screen only shows one camera at a time but just touch a button on monitor or on the remote control that came with it and it switches over to other camera so you can check on both sides got them mounted up on my rotating beacon bracket just under cab roof line so they have a bit of protection from over hanging branches but high enough for a good view . they are advertised as reversing camera and from China  

• Like 5

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Ooh, can't wait to see some pictures of it Paul, looks a lovely thing!

Cheers, it is a nice tractor, when i was mid primary school age there was a Duncan cabbed 20 local they had it for years not sure if it had loader brackets on it as it dissappeared during the mid 90's. Will try and get some photo's tonight but It might sneak out  at Penrith for you to have a look in the flesh John ;)

• Like 1

Went and topped my field again today, got adventurous and cleared an area of bracken and brambles to put a new shed up for my tractor (s) Hit something large in the back corner, turns out to be an old set of Chain harrows, in the 20 years we've looked after the field never knew they were there, i've now since purchased the field in the last month hence being able to build a bigger shed.

44755803_1927851707300931_2649102134154362880_o.thumb.jpg.89597d908092309e7e95aac9ae25675e.jpg44869175_1927846820634753_3499465316134551552_n.thumb.jpg.a602963019ae50a5b2d9f16c9c6e1ba1.jpg43723169_1927846757301426_5730865770330587136_n.thumb.jpg.28b958554971716812f4a858b16f5496.jpg43698415_1927846637301438_4585860487450722304_n.thumb.jpg.4b351b86b63008ccc8395e0010ecafca.jpg

• Like 7

Them old harrows would have made a mess of you tires had you driven over them , my cousin forgot he had left a set of 8 drag harrows upside down in a grass field and about a year later he went back in that same field punctured all 4 tires beyond repair and one of the harrows went around with the tire and took the mudguard of the tractor   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, mb86 said:

Hope those old harrows didn't damage your tractor or topper zac. I'm intrigued about the (s).......

More is in the pipeline all i can say ;) I'm on the hunt for either a nice 10 series ideally a 7710 or a Marshall 804/904

Luckily i reversed in gingerly into the brambles as i didnt know what was there with the topper up, only a minor dent on the back plate, which doesnt affect its use but will have an impact on resale value should i ever need to sell it. Cant be helped. Luckily i only clipped the corner of one of the tines and didnt run it over.

• Like 5

You have exceptional taste. ;)

Good on you for taking care, I know a couple of "drivers" who would have gone head first through the middle of the bushes and wrecked the topper. Needless to say they don't ask me to lend them anything. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

You have exceptional taste. ;)

Good on you for taking care, I know a couple of "drivers" who would have gone head first through the middle of the bushes and wrecked the topper. Needless to say they don't ask me to lend them anything. 

Haha thanks! Two tractors i've always adored and wanted.

The main reason for taking care of the topper is, i paid over £1200 for it, its not a cheap bit of kit why would i want to go like a bull in a china shop and use it as a battering ram rather than what its designed for, it wont last long and would be a serious waste of money. It was hard finding a second hand topper, used ones that had done a lot of work were still 800+vat in most cases so buying new seemed a better idea. If you look after it i guess it will look after you. Now just to build a shed to keep it nice and dry!!

• Like 3

As the kids are off for half term this week we had a ride over to Whitby yesterday. Apparently, there's some sort of Goth/Steampunk (I'd never heard of them either!) event on this weekend. All I can say is I've never seen as much weirdness in one place, it looked like the entire cast of Dracula,  Sleepy Hollow and the Rocky Horror Picture Show had invaded the place! I certainly had my eyes opened and my mind broadened a little, but was quite glad when I got back on our hill!:D On the plus side, the fish and chips were very good!;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, dm434 said:

winter must be approaching , was called out to grit the high ground route from Allendale , that's from 800ft up to near 2000ft on the cumbrian border 

Don't remind me David, this is what greeted us this morning. All of a sudden memories of last winter and the horrendous lambing time start creeping back.:(

WP_20181027_07_25_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20181027_07_46_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20181027_08_01_41_Pro.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Don't remind me David, this is what greeted us this morning. All of a sudden memories of last winter and the horrendous lambing time start creeping back.:(

WP_20181027_07_25_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20181027_07_46_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20181027_08_01_41_Pro.jpg

must of all been on the east side , noticed the high ground towards consett was white today while we just have a biting bitter wind 

• Like 1