What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 8/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, jmd said:

Went for a walk with the dog at lytham st annes and came across these maybe something here for valleyaxeman 😀

20210814_122734.jpg

20210814_122736.jpg

20210814_122745.jpg

20210814_122813.jpg

20210814_122846.jpg

Be worth having a closer look at them John 😉 one a cockling or boating tractor always a cockling or boating tractor, takes too much to save them. Used to be a pair of 6 pot Nuffields at the Cleveleys end of the golden mile..... Both rough looking, I'm pretty sure that they ended up at the snails yard at Carnforth, one was on a q reg the other had the reg painted on the nose and Bispham Beast down either side of the bonnet, had a straight stack and from memory had a later 6/98 in it rather than the 5.7 BMC..... The cocklers love the nuffys for the higher running height and the faster speed for on the sands, and the fact that if it will turn it will start, another favourite is because the brakes are mounted up on top of the axle keeping them up out of the salty water, I know Nuffield and Leyland brakes are hit and miss at best of times but the cocklers did try and keep them sort of usable as brakes

• Like 2

Not the best of photo ,a very wet Friday several weeks ago i was heading up to Kings Lynn and i was following a recovery truck with a van on it that just said ,Parcel Delivery on the side and a mobile no , anyway after a few miles behind it the rear doors slowly opened and 3 small parcels fell out ,i could not stop to pick them up as there was a few cars behind me and i expect one of them would have run them over ,so if you live in that area and are still awaiting delivery of some items they are probably flat on the road 😬   

IMG_20210618_130614.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, smithy said:

Got the wife a new muck trailer as she fell though the floor of the old one as the muck had eaten it away 

IMG_20210711_185321.jpg

IMG_20210711_185339.jpg

such a lovely buy smithy, most buy flowers or jewellery for their other halfs,   but not you, you get a muck trailer 😀😀😀😀 

for me, just home from work,my last planned sunday on the roadworks job, 3am start ,thanks god thats over now for out of hours work at least .

• Like 1

Back in April i took the complete front of the combine as i had a rubber seal to replace and a couple of other jobs in the same area ,i had spoken to a combine mechanic and he was going to come out and give me a hand the next week 🙁,next week come along but no mechanic ,when i spoke to him it was always going to be next week so in July one of my neighbours spoke to his mechanic about looking at my combine and he was here the next day and sorted 2 of the problems and ordered the parts for the other jobs 

IMG_20210702_194157.jpg

IMG_20210702_194214.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/22/2021 at 11:39 PM, smithy said:

Back in April i took the complete front of the combine as i had a rubber seal to replace and a couple of other jobs in the same area ,i had spoken to a combine mechanic and he was going to come out and give me a hand the next week 🙁,next week come along but no mechanic ,when i spoke to him it was always going to be next week so in July one of my neighbours spoke to his mechanic about looking at my combine and he was here the next day and sorted 2 of the problems and ordered the parts for the other jobs 

IMG_20210702_194157.jpg

IMG_20210702_194214.jpg

Those are very handy pictures for another project that I’ve got thanks Smithy!

• Like 1