What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

10 hours ago, jmd said:

Are the 77s from that farm on the left just after the garage on the duel carriageway paul or is that where the show is

Your spot on John, just after the garage as you take the slip road for Kendal the show is on the left, in the field straight in front of the 77 farm.... That Dexta that Harry used to have running about at Steamfair with ftf on the reg plate surprisingly turned up, looks to have been painted again since The Slater's put it in the sale at Dave Martin's show the year after Harry passed, good to see it's still out and about, plus Butty van weren't bad, if service a bit slow.... 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 2 slices of black pudding and an egg on a  large t-cake for £6....👍

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, smithy said:

Thanks for photos Paul. The 77s ,you can see why model makers don't always get the model right as they have different exhausts, mirror arms are different and lights ,i am not knocking them tractors as i like them but if Mr universal hobbies turned up to look which one would he choose     

No bother Smithy, was just a quick run out, would have liked to have gone down to Malvern but other things on so it was handy really to get to a local rally for an hour. I know what you mean there is a great variation between the tractors there, and like you say it's how the man measuring up the models takes what he sees as gospel.... Bit like Gemma's 804.... Wrong mirrors, wrong weights, wrong colour wheels, but yet it's a good honest tractor.....

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago my son Matt entered the yfc county tug of war again with his club chipping they came out on top again beating all other teams and never losing an end that takes them through to the next round the northern area in durham 

20220507_152542.thumb.jpg.78c14c47f9b4065991ff725aabcf30f0.jpg

he was also in the 4x4 team 4 boys 4 girls which they won also 20220507_152912.thumb.jpg.e58bb37a2e1315ac193921d812745f18.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Your spot on John, just after the garage as you take the slip road for Kendal the show is on the left, in the field straight in front of the 77 farm.... That Dexta that Harry used to have running about at Steamfair with ftf on the reg plate surprisingly turned up, looks to have been painted again since The Slater's put it in the sale at Dave Martin's show the year after Harry passed, good to see it's still out and about, plus Butty van weren't bad, if service a bit slow.... 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 2 slices of black pudding and an egg on a  large t-cake for £6....👍

Now that sounds a good butty and not a bad price too

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:06 AM, smithy said:

MOT man turns up , with just water in tank he is checking the flow-rate from the nozzles ,after it has passed i was back out spraying the sugar beet again 

20220518_150857.jpg

20220518_151035.jpg

20220519_074859.jpg

Just added the pass certificate 

20220522_180648.jpg

• Like 2

When we move the wifes wagon a short distance into the garden we just put a strap around a hook and i hold the shafts up which is ok for a short way also if down hill its a job to hold it as no brakes on the wagon ,next weekend i have to move it again up to the village hall so today i knocked together a drawbar that will slip on in place of the shafts and then can be dropped of and shafts added for display .All the steel was from the scrap pile ,the two red bits that are bracing the red drawbar are old bale-length arms of a N/H 377 baler  

20220409_140530.jpg

20220522_180731.jpg

20220522_180744.jpg

20220522_180826.jpg

20220522_180844.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/25/2022 at 6:03 PM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Nice to catch up with some familiar faces at Amatechnica today near Doncaster. :)

tech1_6.jpg

Well done David ,was good to have a chat with you as well ,turned out a good day in the end allow it was a very long one for us . we all left my place at 7am and got back there at 11pm ,i was ok as home but the rest still had a few more miles to go . We are the genuine SUFFOLK BUNCH on that photo allow by the looks of are stomachs 😁 we are the SUFFOLK MUNCH🤣. We had plenty of the free food and drinks while up there but still stopped for a carvery on way home 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, smithy said:

Well done David ,was good to have a chat with you as well ,turned out a good day in the end allow it was a very long one for us . we all left my place at 7am and got back there at 11pm ,i was ok as home but the rest still had a few more miles to go . We are the genuine SUFFOLK BUNCH on that photo allow by the looks of are stomachs 😁 we are the SUFFOLK MUNCH🤣. We had plenty of the free food and drinks while up there but still stopped for a carvery on way home 

Very enjoyable day once it had stopped raining, the grub was fantastic......needed after the amount of chasing around I did between demo plots. Closest show to home i'll probably attend all year. Here's few photos out of the 2000 I took whilst there.

tech1.jpg

tech1_1.jpg

tech1_2.jpg

tech1_3.jpg

tech1_4.jpg

tech1_5.jpg

• Like 7

Sat in the bar in the hotel in southampton now after a nice easy drive up. Watched a couple of huge cruise ships go out just after we got here . Tomorrow at this time will be in st marys stadium watching the blossoms followed by the killers 

On 5/31/2022 at 8:57 PM, walsh35 said:

had the 3 small mf at this today

vintage clubs silage day

Savage vid.  Love the TW20 and 180-90... and the backdrop off East Cork Coast line on a beautiful day. Very good.. Good turn out with a nice mix off gear.. 

• Like 1

last day of my holiday, not achieved anything i wanted to sort, spent it doing stuff for others, started well with the couple of nights away, but went wrong wednesday as we had to have one of the cats put to sleep, at 14 years old, sadly the wife saw it happen as she came in the house ,cat jumped of the window sill, and landed funny , causing a spinal embolism, basicly paralysed herself, all over and done in under an hour inc getting her to the vet so no pain ,other than for us and the grandkids,who spent a good hour crying when we told them . todays the first half day( job for mother this morning)  i have had to do anything but am knackered so sat in the garden 

• Sad 1