What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Whilst Hamish is waiting to visit the vets for his booster jab he has to be carried about but to get him used to sounds and sights and smells as well as travelling in my Defender we had half an hour with him up at the shed to introduce him to the tractor collection.... I'm hoping another Leyland fan in the making 😉

FB_IMG_1692383955356.jpg

FB_IMG_1692383985204.jpg

FB_IMG_1692383994201.jpg

FB_IMG_1692384005068.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Whilst Hamish is waiting to visit the vets for his booster jab he has to be carried about but to get him used to sounds and sights and smells as well as travelling in my Defender we had half an hour with him up at the shed to introduce him to the tractor collection.... I'm hoping another Leyland fan in the making 😉

FB_IMG_1692383955356.jpg

FB_IMG_1692383985204.jpg

FB_IMG_1692383994201.jpg

FB_IMG_1692384005068.jpg

I am sure he will grow into a fan 😅, and as for your defender i am sure it dont smell that bad 😂🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Glad you getting on a bit Smithy, your Major Weeks trailer Combo looks the part and trailer looks in good condition, many folk were quick to fault a week's as the drawbars were easily weakened and bent at the step joint just in front of the headboard.... 

The Weeks belongs to Eric ,i borrowed it a few years back to hold some seed corn in ,its got rust on it as its spent a bit of time outside up at erics woodyard ,i have had it undercover for last 3 years .we had 2 or 3 weeks with wooden sides that i can remember off back in the 1960/1970 . I will have a look at drawbar area just in case ,the trailer support that goes though drawbar has been bent so i just use a good block of wood 

• Like 2

After i had done a few bales yesterday i went of and done a few roadside hedges and grass around the inside edges ,cant do hedge on inside till 1st September unless i am planting Rape or grass seed 🫣. Bit sticky out on fields this morning as got 16mm rain overnight 😩

20230819_083308.jpg

20230818_154546.jpg

• Like 5

Yes its yellow underneath the dirt ,dont like washing combine as water sit in bearings etc ,but i have just given it a clean down ready for spring barley ,got in running while in yard to shake water out ,with a couple of days cutting to go it should dry it out so i can blow it down ready for winter storage 

20230820_102849.jpg

• Like 9

One of the 4 fields wheat we cut this afternoon ,this one slopes in 2 directions ,no good way of cutting ,so nip up bum and go for it and turn slowly on the ends ,combine was crapping along on steepest bits ,i have cut this one before so was aware how steep it is only did half tanks to help ,once at top you can see for miles .anyway by 9pm i had done last field so combine can be cleaned down and put away 

20230822_185451.jpg

20230822_185606.jpg

20230822_185750.jpg

20230822_185820.jpg

• Like 6

Thats not steep smithy you should see the fields they cut down this way 😆😆😆😆

currently sat in lisbon , Portugal having a few drinks , now heading north after 2 weeks off and not seen one single tractor even in southampton docks when we left 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

currently sat in lisbon , Portugal having a few drinks , now heading north after 2 weeks off and not seen one single tractor even in southampton docks when we left 

I on the other hand Sean, have been in Northern Ireland again today. There is a tractor around every corner and on every stretch of road. I think that every single tractor in the province was out in the field today trying to get the crop in before it rains again.

I can also assure you that the Irish like their blues, I think around half, if not more, of the tractors that I saw were a shade of blue.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Yes Sean i have seen some of the field your way , my photo dont show its steepness ,combine was sliding sideways on part of it and if going uphill wheels was slipping a bit on chopped straw . I have seen on you tube combines in USA sliding on real steep land 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

All done Smithy?

Yes Phil, i finished mine on monday evening , my mate Colin with the m/f finished on monday as well . Which ever one of us finish first normally go to are mates "Podge" and cut his 20 acres of wheat in 4 fields ,Colin had some barley straw to bale so i went to podges Tuesday afternoon and got that wrapped up by about 9ish . Colin finished his bailing and got them carted the next day , i have wheat straw on 1 field awaiting the big balers but we had heavy shower ,thunder and lightning on Thursday morning so thats put them behind , i am running around getting bit more grass around edges done and few roadside hedges while we await 1st September 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1