What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Roughtor, Near Camelford Sean. A little bit of white stuff today, but was gone by the afternoon.

Car park has grown since I was last there - it used to be a patch of gravel off to one side of the road.  Mind you the last time I actually climbed Roughtor it was about 11:30 at night in the 70s when my cousins and I went to watch the May Eve fires being lit at midnight.  Absolutely stunning sight to see the fires lighting up one after another starting with the one at St Breward.  We sat on the top with flasks of coffee and hot luke-warm pasties until about half past midnight and then had to find the car.  Fortunately the line of bonfires gave us a bearing!

I understand the May fires are no longer lit.

Well as I haven't done any modelling since Christmas Eve I thought i'd have a day at it today ::) I should be doing other stuff really but as I got 3 MB Trac books for Xmas (full of ideas for models) i've built myself another MB Trac conversion ::)

Cerin and I followed a New Year Tractor rally - 31 vintage tractors on the run.

It was very very cold, I did worry about some of the old-timers. The scenery was absolutley stunning.

Stopped for lunch at a farm with the most amazing collction of vintage tractors including a fully restored guess what  and another little gem that I will not tell you the name of until Cerin has posted up the photos! Clue: one is especially for Marky!

back to work for me today.. short staffed... have been driving the 7.5tonner today to make collections... bloody good fun actually..

that and... drooling over Brians lovely MF135... she's a stunner  :-*

lets see her then.......

Taking today off in lieu of working Monday. Plans for today will center on clearing snow so I can get moved about. Heaven knows how long that will take since it may be too hard for the Howard 350 and could be a shovel job >:(

well today i'm giving my staffy pups that i have left a bath and put higher sides on there pen as they keep getting out . fingers crossed they might go this week as there in the freeads this week . then tidy up the mot failed L200 pickup ready as thats in the freeads aswell. then if i can get there , i shall be doing log deliverys as well as coal which is new this year its amazing how many people want a couple of bags of coal with there log orders. then netting soft wood logs for shops and garages we surply.

its a rotorvator tris with a snow plow attachment  :P

or howard jem ::)

That's right. I have an old early petrol version of the Series 1 Howard Gem. Will get photos assuming the old girl starts up ok Tris.

Been clearing roads all morning but now a neighbour has run out of kero so filling a 200 litre drum for him now. Estimate down here for kero delivery is 10 days after the snow clears..... :( Fortunately got about 2500 lts in my tank.  :)

went to college this morning, only 4 of us so we started on some starter motor notes then after brew we watched a video, yes an actual vhs tape not a dvd :of about roadless tractors, which was very good actually, then we got told the vice principle is considering closing the college for the rest of the week ;D

Ended up having an extra day off work today because of the white stuff and with an internet connection refusing to work properly i've had a fairly productive day spring cleaning my room and backing up photographs onto CDs from my hard drive.

I've also had the time to slap some colour onto this.....

DSC06203.jpg

Reasonabley satisfied how it turned out in the end, lots to work on and improve upon when it comes to planning my next attempt at a tractor drawing. Definitely need to work out a better way to colour in the tyre treads, i've lost a lot of the original outline detail colouring them in the way I have, but aside from that i'm fairly chuffed.