What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Cerin wanted to go and take photos of his friends potato planting way down in West Cornwall - so we dropped him at a remote field location. It was so picturesque - loads of machinery with the romantic island of St Michaels Mount in the background.

We went for a walk at nearby Praa Sands - it was fab, and then picked Cerin up from the same field three hours later!

I am sure he will be posting these pictures up soon!

Potato planting already Jo  :of  be the end of April before we see that up here

Potato planting already Jo  :of  be the end of April before we see that up here

It seems really early doesn't it Bill - they were covering the rows with plastic in case of late frosts. Shows the difference between one end of the country and another. I hope he puts the pictures up tonight - I thought they were really good.  And so much equipment and man power in one field, on a Sunday too!

Well have been off the forum for a while now and looks like it will continue until I get back to work. Got home 2 weeks ago but have been busy with the family and then we had snow again so had that to clear. Got to go and see someone tomorrow about selling my boat  :'(  but need new family car that can cope with the snow and has more room for the kids.

It seems really early doesn't it Bill - they were covering the rows with plastic in case of late frosts. Shows the difference between one end of the country and another. I hope he puts the pictures up tonight - I thought they were really good.  And so much equipment and man power in one field, on a Sunday too!

I am sure most of the farms down there Jo get 2 crops out of the one field so new potatoes then another crop in the ground straight after they have been lifted. It is a long time since I was that far south have been across to st michaels mount but was many years ago when we lived in cornwall.

Well have been off the forum for a while now and looks like it will continue until I get back to work. Got home 2 weeks ago but have been busy with the family and then we had snow again so had that to clear. Got to go and see someone tomorrow about selling my boat  :'(  but need new family car that can cope with the snow and has more room for the kids.

Sometimes life just gets in the way!....see you in a few weeks - hope you are all well now? :)

Sometimes life just gets in the way!....see you in a few weeks - hope you are all well now? :)

Thanks Jo.

Yeah all is well now and youngest son is thriving again. Yeah has just been so hectic of late, hope to sort out a new smaller boat next summer.

only a bacon roll Alex  :D :D

I went with Steve Wright who owns Kelsey... he came home with a 35x petrol which is quite a rare lady... that was all... I was going to take a punt on a 135 weight frame for Mavis.... but it was too far away for me to walk so I just thought sod it and didn't bother  :-[:D :D

In between cow feeds and moving sheep I was messing about with the tines from the spud lifter-rower which Walterderwent previously helped identify (thanks David!_) and some sore knuckles to prove it.

In between cow feeds and moving sheep I was messing about with the tines from the spud lifter-rower which Walterderwent previously helped identify (thanks David!_) and some sore knuckles to prove it.

Your very welcome mate, are you planning on rescuing the old lifter? :)

Well today, i've mostly been at work on my day off again, loads happening at the moment, my head is now overflowing with new working procedures and practices, also readying the store for an independent team to come in and stock take, plenty to keep me occupied at the moment including a jolly jaunt up to County Durham for a "leakage" seminar. Exciting stuff.  :D

Its a ford focus ST 225 , Rick.  :)

damn gone from pocket rocket to space shuttle...well done lad.......I drive a Ford too.....dont want to appear a toffee nose like the BMW driver do....so I drive a modest car.... :angel:

damn gone from pocket rocket to space shuttle...well done lad.......I drive a Ford too.....dont want to appear a toffee nose like the BMW driver do....so I drive a modest car.... :angel:

I hope that wasn't aimed at me Roboflops... My BMW is now classed as vintage and according to My darling wife is good for a few more years motoring yet  :'( :'( :'(