What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Helping out with the haymaking. Mostly involved throwing bales onto the stack and standing on the accumulator & opening release gate when necessary. I did get to cart one load back to the barn but generally took a back seat to the more experienced drivers :( Oh well one day maybe.. ::)

Helping out with the haymaking. Mostly involved throwing bales onto the stack and standing on the accumulator & opening release gate when necessary. I did get to cart one load back to the barn but generally took a back seat to the more experienced drivers :( Oh well one day maybe.. ::)

keep at it mate,although i grew up with 3 uncles who farmed,i didnt actually start driving properly until about your age,you just need somebody who will give you a bit of time and trust and you will be away,within 3 years i was on quadtracs with velcourt farms,so keep going

keep at it mate,although i grew up with 3 uncles who farmed,i didnt actually start driving properly until about your age,you just need somebody who will give you a bit of time and trust and you will be away,within 3 years i was on quadtracs with velcourt farms,so keep going

Thanks for your support paulali! :)

Thanks for your support paulali! :)

no problem,im a painter and decorator full time,but evenings and weekends i work for a local contractor,his fleet is 2 fendt 818's 1 fendt 820 1 fendt 718,jd 6830 and finally and a big old beast for down here a mf 8450,and i get to drive all of them at sometime,so roll on the end of july!!!!,who are you working for?

no problem,im a painter and decorator full time,but evenings and weekends i work for a local contractor,his fleet is 2 fendt 818's 1 fendt 820 1 fendt 718,jd 6830 and finally and a big old beast for down here a mf 8450,and i get to drive all of them at sometime,so roll on the end of july!!!!,who are you working for?

Alongside part-time garden/grounds maintenance/unemployment I occasionly volunteer for this small community farm slash smallholding, only 50 acres total, just doing it for the experience really. He has two small tractors, an International 874 and a David Brown 995. Yesterday he had the contractor in baling on his own 6800 and NH 376.

Alongside part-time garden/grounds maintenance/unemployment I occasionly volunteer for this small community farm slash smallholding, only 50 acres total, just doing it for the experience really. He has two small tractors, an International 874 and a David Brown 995. Yesterday he had the contractor in baling on his own 6800 and NH 376.

are there other farms near by,try a few ,see if they would be interested in you helping out

paul

Yesterday and today, myself, Brother and the thatcher have taken down the end chimney on Brothers side. Pictures will be put up on the thatching topic in a day or two. Damned hard work it was too!