What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

aint going sick tris, its not worth the hassel, bt operates a "always your fault" policy and activly pursues people it thinks are wrong in any tiny issue that could have caused it, major wrong  i know, but i can live with it, few cans of something tonight and a good nights sleep will help, got it bandaged up again now after an hr in a bowl of ice cold water, taken the swelling down a good amount i must say

I take it none of that worked as you are off to casualty?! :D

hope so, am flexing it arround, just simple stuff, and once the neurofen kick in along with that its not to bad to walk on, strapped in tight in my boots i should be able to last, has just put me back a weekend in getting her mums house done before we go away, only got 3 weekends to do it now

Well to days plans went pear shaped when washing machine stopped with a bang. After replacing the fuse it went bang bang again. So manual out to see how to open door and get washing out. I decided I might as well just go to Costco for opening at 9.30 am and get a new one. Got the twin axle Ivor Williams hitched to car (neededfor show on Sunday at Oldmeldrum anyway) and off I set to arrive just before opening. I viewed the machine I wanted and along came a Costco worker who helped me load on to the low trolley. I paid and outside I went and was manhandling machine along trolley at rear of trailer when a man with a artificial leg kindly came and held the trolley from moving away. Next minute another Costco chap came over and gave me a lift on. I strapped it on and put a rope as well and off home I set and was back home by 10.30. I reversed the trailer as close to the side utility door as possible and put a kitchen worktop over the door step and on to trailer and saved it from slipping by putting a 56 weight against it. Next packaging off walked the machine on to a Costco dolly and rolled it in to the utility room. Before that was down I did the same process with the old machine so I could take it up to the council tip at Banchory and dispose of it.

I did cut off the plug and cable and kept the cold water pipe and the exit water pipe because you never know these things could have their uses. Even though the power supply was cut off I immobilised  the machine by removing the rubber drive belt which well maybe has a future use ;) ;)

An unplanned forenoon but such is life at times ;) ;)

30072010001.jpg

30072010002.jpg

The dolly what a handy purchase that has been ;D ;D

03042010010.jpg

What have you been doing then, Paul?

I've finished the 50hr servicing on the combine and am ready to start the oilseed again, about 6ac left of the field here and another 7ac to do on the side of Trowbridge. Very overcast and spots of rain here at the moment though :(

What have you been doing then, Paul?

I've finished the 50hr servicing on the combine and am ready to start the oilseed again, about 6ac left of the field here and another 7ac to do on the side of Trowbridge. Very overcast and spots of rain here at the moment though :(

its in the harvest 2010 topic tris,

today, 2nd day at home with Harry, wife was in London yesterday and out again today!....nto easy trying to entertain an 18month old when weather isnt great!. No farming action going on so nothing to look at then on bike ride!....at the mo he is a sleep!...so hopefully a few hours to myself!!

currently at work..

but tonight ive got two new glass cabinets to put together and then start filling them with models  :)

once ive taken them down off their current spot and given them a good clean and photographed some for my record

you have to shout very loud when cheering them on just incase they have got poor hearing - sometimes all they can hear is crackling !

Oh dear, Nick... your jokes are nearly as bad as mine... but I did laugh and turn around and tell Frazer what you'd said... so I guess my sense of humour is as bad too! ;D ;D ;D

monday worked me knackers off on site in corby stn :of :of

tuesday got told i wasnt needed that day so i whent and saw my mate marky for the day and had a ride around cambridge in hattie :of :of  good dat out cheers marky O and thanks for the bacon roll and coffee  :P

wenes day finshed work at 10am now home  :-*:-* :-*:-

monday worked me knackers off on site in corby stn :of :of

tuesday got told i wasnt needed that day so i whent and saw my mate marky for the day and had a ride around cambridge in hattie :of :of  good dat out cheers marky O and thanks for the bacon roll and coffee  :P

wenes day finshed work at 10am now home  :-*:-* :-*:-*

It was great to have some company for a change Stevie... you are most welcome any day mate and thanks for you help  ;):-*:P