What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes still busy at the moment allow we nearly done on two of the building projects so should be back to working sensible hrs soon , Only came across the david brown by chance was talking about a lawn mower to a mate of mine as he said he was looking out for a big one for a friend of his as they was selling there tractor to get something more modern so I went and looked as all I was told was its old and red anyway the money I had put to one side after selling several brochures was soon spent on the david brown     

A lucky find then Smithy, :) Good to hear your getting through your projects and hope once you get back to sensible hours you'll get a bit of time to enjoy her :)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 844john said:

As the policeman said Martin, when the sun comes out so do the bikers, one crested the brow of our hill,probably doing 60+,  lost control and ended up in the wall opposite with his passenger:(

I know some nurses refer to bikers as Organ Donors.

I was coming home from work on Thursday night on a twisty road with a colleague following behind, next thing a Marauder type bike flew past me (both of us, as I found out later) with another car coming against us. The oncoming car braked, thankfully.

Otherwise I'd have a very gory dashcam clip to share.

Nutters.

18 minutes ago, SPN said:

I know some nurses refer to bikers as Organ Donors.

I was coming home from work on Thursday night on a twisty road with a colleague following behind, next thing a Marauder type bike flew past me (both of us, as I found out later) with another car coming against us. The oncoming car braked, thankfully.

Otherwise I'd have a very gory dashcam clip to share.

Nutters.

The thing is, they just don't seem to learn, but the drain on resources is huge, at least seven assorted police cars and ambulances were at the scene as well as the air ambulance. Luckily no one else was involved, but if anyone had been coming up the other side, or heaven forbid walking up the road, it could have been a much worse accident. I felt a bit guilty taking the photograph, but when she lifted off several of the police had their phones out photographing it, so i felt a little better after that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 844john said:

You can certainly cover some ground with them, mind you do need a fair bit of bulk and grunt upfront, bet you had more fun on yours though!

I imagine it would be interesting on wet grass on some of my hilly fields. Yes great fun.......on a dry day. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I imagine it would be interesting on wet grass on some of my hilly fields. Yes great fun.......on a dry day. 

It can be Martin, it seems a bit over kill to have as big a tractor on a set of rollers, but some of the fields are fairly steep in places and a lesser tractor wouldn't have the mass to pull them up, or the ability to keep your underwear clean going down!:D 

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Tractorman810 said:

how many old tractors have you got no smithy, i remember you mentioning some at a show ,i just cant remember 

7 at the moment Sean , but one of them is shared between 3 of us. Together with my own farm I rent another small farm a few miles away from mine when the owner passed away he left his farm to the blind charity and in the will it said that they had to keep his two tractors on the farm to do the work , one was a International 474 and the other is a International 414 with a front loader , anyway both good tractors to have they was a bit rough as standing outside most of the time and after a couple of years the charity asked me if I would like to buy them as they realised that they was not suitable for the equipment that I had and it would have meant them spending some money on tires ,batteries and some small equipment so I bought them both , now the 474 kingpins had seized with standing out side and I also the previous owner had been using the wrong oil in the back axle as it was to expensive anyway a good mate of mine spent a few hrs with me getting king pins sorted and draining back axle and putting correct oil back in we also changed all the oils in the 414 now my mate that helped me with this at the age of ten learnt to drive on this 414 many years ago and would like to buy it to top his meadows so I still own it but I have let him have it on a long term lone and if I do wont to sell its his , I did sell the 474 about a year ago and yes I did tell them about the wrong oil in back end and problems that might happen in the future but as it was only going to top a few meadows he said he would risk it and so far it has been ok .  So this is what I have at the moment 414 with front loader on loan to my mate ,International 674 with front loader that my same mate shares with me and his brother , I have a Standard Fordson in green , a E27N Fordson  two diesel majors and the recent buy of a David Brown 30D.      

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We'll, after trying to convince the kids that television was better in "our day" we went and bought them the Dukes of Hazzard on DVD to show them what we grew up with, and it made me realise, even 35 years later,.......I'm still in love with Daisy:wub::P

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

had a huge fall out with the garage manager at our yard,as has my boss over my van, seems they have been lying to us about whats going on. my boss went down to the fiat dealers today, to see whats going on,as its now 5 weeks .  and according to them, we were told to diagnose it not fix it, and now bt fleet are arguing about cost etc as they are saying warrenty work, and fiat are saying fair wear and tear, so my vans sat broken in the dealers, with no date at all to fix it, despite the bt garage boss saying they are chasing daily. fiat have had no calls from the prat from booking it in 3 weeks ago . now had the hire combo booked out for a month extra ,as it appears it could take that long.all it needed was an oil service :wacko: only possible good news is,if it goes on much longer they may well just send a brand new van down, to replace mine, and then deal with the old one however, the last van that went like that was a 6 week cut off ,so pinkies crossed, a transit with dab radio and all the mod cons,inc heated seat ?? might turn up ,in my dreams 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jmd said:

hell john you dont see many 3 year old farm pickups that tidy looks brand new:D

Well, she does get well looked after, and she's only done three and a half thousand miles, waxoiled from new and very rarely sees a salty road, pressure washed underneath if she's ever out in winter, so she should last a while yet. To be honest, it doesn't look any different to the day  I picked it up, but then it does see quite a bit of polish!. And then my family think I'm anal.........:D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 844john said:

Well, she does get well looked after, and she's only done three and a half thousand miles, waxoiled from new and very rarely sees a salty road, pressure washed underneath if she's ever out in winter, so she should last a while yet. To be honest, it doesn't look any different to the day  I picked it up, but then it does see quite a bit of polish!. And then my family think I'm anal.........:D

Like John said... you don't see many like that at 3 years old.... 3500 miles.... barely run in at that best plug the speedo drive back in before you take her for the first MOT John hahahahha, only joking, from the photo's you've posted of your machinery you take a pride in looking after your gear.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, yes I like things kept right if I can, and to be fair she mainly gets used for trailer work and not ploughing across fields. I was brought up that you had to work for what you wanted, and then you looked after them once you got them, sometimes seems a bit different with a lot of people today, but enough Victor Meldrew!:D I remember as a boy getting a silver Raleigh Grifter for Christmas, wanted one for ages, even then I used to polish it regularly, so my OCD has obviously been the there from an early age!:D

• Like 6