What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

got the finished  floor down in the shed ,insulation under it, and all the insulation in the walls as well today, along with the underside of the roof, 100mm in the walls and 50 in the roof, has made a huge difference already, next up is fitting the final internal ceiling, then onto lining the walls, and fitting out. working tomorrow, sadly a 4 am start ,and prob at least a 8 pm finish, so no work on it tomorrow, but off  Tuesday ,so hopefully i can get that started then.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

that goodie’s place ? if so just doesn't try to sell it smithy :D

well spotted Sean , he don't now it is there at the moment as he has been away , the workshop manager had a smile on his face as I pulled in the yard ,I was hoping he did not say its the wrong colour you cant leave that here just the opposite he was looking around it a good 10 minutes ,I now he is into steam stuff so may plan worked out ok this morning :D  

• Like 3

just spent my day off  fitting a cctv system and not doing the shed. on Monday some lovely group of suspended pupils , from the school behind decided to go on a little rampage around the school, which was all caught on their cctv, after which while making best their escape also decided to wander into our driveway and proceed to attempt removal of the drivers side wing mirror on her new car, luckily the wife was sat in the front room and went out like a rocket before it was damaged, and confronted them,  a huge amount of abuse was hurled back and she retreated and called the police. seems they also did other cars on the way to ours, and more once they left, few were keyed, others lost mirrors . the school knows who it is, as do the police ,and  once some info is supplied so will the culprit . 

by the time i got home at 5.30 she had already bought the system and wanted it all fitted before next weekend when i hit zwolle . all done   just before the rain kicked in .

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Sad to hear that Sean. I know the do-gooders will disagree, but little b##tards like that deserve a good flogging in my opinion. That's the trouble today, no one can lay a hand on them, not the police, teachers or even the parents (although in many cases I'm sure they're probably no different to their kids) Don't want to get all grumpy old men, but the world was a better and more respectful place when children could be given a clip round the ear if they misbehaved.

• Like 7

they need something, i went to the same school, and we would never have done anything like that, it was that strict  that even waking home without your blazer and tie in the middle of summer was a detention event ,i know i got caught several times ,not sure how they saw under my rain coat mind:D:D , now they wont do anything about it, its all about feel good and equality ,no such thing as discipline anymore  ,the local police arrived today and said much the same thing, doubt they will get much more than a talk. given a name i would certainly dish out a smidge more , then i would prob get done :D 

i think its spooked the wife ,whilst shes not admitting it, she wouldnt normally go out and spend 250 quid just like that 

7 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just on the way in town to get my euros for next weekend, suspect by this time next week i will have spent half of them already :D

On beer for me and David hopefully :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1