What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

27 minutes ago, 844john said:

They look nice and content in there Cyril, no matter what the vegans say about cruel farmers housing animals against their will.....

Thanks for the my uncle is a 100% with cattle minds them like a baby :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 844john said:

It's no better today either, howling a gale and pi**ing down, and to top it all I've got flu! It's not very often I'm out of fettle, but I've been as rough as a dog the past couple of days....the wife took my temperature with a digital thing we use for the kids and the warning beeps went off! So it's officially flu instead of "man flu":(

Its definatley been a wild wet one,, Get a hot toddy or two down your neck John and then it'll take the edge off you'll start to feel better in no time

been doing a few bits down the step daughters place today ,mostly new sockets etc in her kitchen, its always amazing to find out the hard way, ie 240 v ,at 30amp, that 2 of said sockets are not on the ring main as they should be, they are actually wired onto the cooker feed, even more amazing is they are opposite ends of the kitchen, to say i swore a bit was an under statement, good job i always use a proper insulated screwdriver  as i suspect it could have hurt a bit more otherwise :D,  now have yet another job to do after xmas to sort that out .

• Like 2

finally managed to move everything of value, plus all the models etc into the new shed today, along with cutting and fitting the workbench , only things left now in the old one are rubbish and a few bits to sort, need to have a good sort through and re org of the stuff in the new one as well, but loads of room now and feels a lot warmer and defiantly dryer , hopefully get some more done tomorrow with luck.

• Like 4

I took a call of a very good mate of mine on Friday saying he was going up near Cambridge on sunday to pick a collection of brochure's that he had bought and would I like to ride up with him and also call in on G & M Farm Models as they was having one of there open weekends ,so that is what we have done . A big thank you to Graham, Michelle, and Layla for making us endless cups of tea/coffee and hot sausage rolls ,roast potatoes and a selection of biscuits and not forgetting the chocolate sweets   

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

just finished making the xmas yule log, fresh cream filling with kirsch soaked cherries, and a rum dark chocolate gnash , just got to icing  sugar it xmas day    

377308FF-9AD4-4255-86A0-277305292B0F.jpeg

Tractorman810.... AKA MARY BERRY ha ha! :D there be many on here into cake eating not cake making so fair play Sean

• Like 2

The Yule Log looks very delicious, one I have never seen. Sounds like a great recipe. I usually buy a fruit cake from the grocery store.

And also wanted to wish all you fine folks a very Merry Christmas. I never let the holiday go by without watching “A Christmas Carol” on the tube. I really like the 1951 version. 

2884F05F-919F-4A55-844C-2086F64C011D.jpeg

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

The Yule Log looks very delicious, one I have never seen. Sounds like a great recipe. I usually buy a fruit cake from the grocery store.

And also wanted to wish all you fine folks a very Merry Christmas. I never let the holiday go by without watching “A Christmas Carol” on the tube. I really like the 1951 version. 

2884F05F-919F-4A55-844C-2086F64C011D.jpeg

Hi Dusty Dan ,here is are Christmas thingy , Merry Christmas to you and your family ,Smithy

20121106_014916.jpg

• Like 4

got the ducting in from the house down under the oath into the shed, so now have power in, all be it a temp cable till the proper one turns up, and wired on the sockets ready to go , one double working just for now until i do the final  job .relaid the path temporarily until i re do the decking so i can get my levels ,  and built the step in-front of the shed. cleared up and bagged all the small off cuts etc of old wood ready for a tip run tomorrow, old shed down tomorrow all being well, so i can get the new one finished with the facia boards ect, and its on the downward stretch then, just the new raised beds to build, relay the decking, level the path then new lawn all being well in march time onwards .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

got the ducting in from the house down under the oath into the shed, so now have power in, all be it a temp cable till the proper one turns up, and wired on the sockets ready to go , one double working just for now until i do the final  job .relaid the path temporarily until i re do the decking so i can get my levels ,  and built the step in-front of the shed. cleared up and bagged all the small off cuts etc of old wood ready for a tip run tomorrow, old shed down tomorrow all being well, so i can get the new one finished with the facia boards ect, and its on the downward stretch then, just the new raised beds to build, relay the decking, level the path then new lawn all being well in march time onwards .

You make me feel lazy Sean, just sitting here and eating Christmas cake..............................no wait............................I am lazy :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i have been lazy for a few days, but now its all over i am getting going again, got 3 more days inc new years day of work, so make the most of it, would like to have most of the hard stuff done before the end of the month, beds in place ect, then i can order in the timber for the new decking frame, can use the old top as its a composite one so fine, just the frames a good 10 year old from when it was all timber . can do stuff like that in the rain as well, so i can keep on track .

• Like 2