Most attractive tractors of their era?

Cropmaster

1940's   Minneapolis Moline

1950's   Fordson Major

1960's   MF 100's

1970's   MF 500's          IH 674  ;D

1980's   IH 885XL [cream & red]        ;)

1990's   Case IH 5100's  JD 2850

2000's   Deutz Agrotron

cant realy add more if i wanted  to      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                                                                           

Cant see further than the classic fords really Fordson Majors, 4000,5000,6600,7000, Tw35, etc etc, but the following deserve a mention from when I used to work with them:

Case International 5150

JD 3050

DB 1390

Leyland 472

I'll probably remember a few more later  ;)

Cant see further than the classic fords really Fordson Majors, 4000,5000,6600,7000, Tw35, etc etc, but the following deserve a mention from when I used to work with them:

Case International 5150

JD 3050                                                                                                                        DB 1390     

Leyland 472

I'll probably remember a few more later  ;)

I dunno so much but having driven a case ih 1394 wich is basicaly the same but had a face lift well i will agree with you    I have yet to see a rare CASEIH 1294 aparently meltham let one go through  :'( marcuss might know more about that                                                   

I dunno so much but having driven a case ih 1394 wich is basicaly the same but had a face lift well i will agree with you     I have yet to see a rare CASEIH 1294 aparently meltham let one go through  :'( marcuss might know more about that                                                   

i have seen a 1294 CASE-IH , the chap had it from new , but i recon it was one of the last off the line,as the heat from the engine had started to make the black paint peel to reveal orange underneath, it was near Shaftsbury. It has black & silver 1294 decals but the plate does say CASE 1294. It is a 4wd model & has a low option version roof & was fitted with a loader, last time i drove past there was a JD 6210 in the yard , so it may have been moved on  :)

The small holding was owned by a Lord & Lady James & every time i delivered feed there i was given a cup of tea,chocolate biscuits & a bottle of wine for mixing a bag of minerals into the feed before blowing it into the feed bin  :) :)  that was a twice a month feed order & at xmas time i was given a bottle of wine & a joint of organic beef from their own herd :) :) :) :) :)

Thats the advantage of having a 6 wheeler & extra pipes as the 8 wheeler couldn't get in & if they could they didn't carry enough pipe to reach the bin  ;D ;D ;D

i have seen a 1294 CASE-IH , the chap had it from new , but i recon it was one of the last off the line,as the heat from the engine had started to make the black paint peel to reveal orange underneath, it was near Shaftsbury. It has black & silver 1294 decals but the plate does say CASE 1294. It is a 4wd model & has a low option version roof & was fitted with a loader, last time i drove past there was a JD 6210 in the yard , so it may have been moved on  :)

The small holding was owned by a Lord & Lady James & every time i delivered feed there i was given a cup of tea,chocolate biscuits & a bottle of wine for mixing a bag of minerals into the feed before blowing it into the feed bin  :) :)  that was a twice a month feed order & at xmas time i was given a bottle of wine & a joint of organic beef from their own herd :) :) :) :) :)

Thats the advantage of having a 6 wheeler & extra pipes as the 8 wheeler couldn't get in & if they could they didn't carry enough pipe to reach the bin  ;D ;D ;D

yep that sighn of aprecation goes a long way  ;)

our old case ih  peeled and underneath that had orange paint  also on the B' reg magpie CASE 1494

that revealed orange but more due to an over-zellass cleaner on the power washer

be a nice photo of a 1294 in CASE IH colours and a low cab ...I have a photo of a DB 1390 with low cab and tanco loader

i spect  that would be because of the sound they make sean , the david brown engines sounded smooth  with a lovely hollow bark very distinct noise , unlike the ford engines that sounded very coarse in comparison.

could well be mate,farm next to my nans had a few ,as for the fords,they always had a purposfull look to them, a sort of hard look,,just let down by the engines i guess

and the masseys,well nuff said eh

my expeiriance is all makes across the board you get a few "bad apples" "friday afternoon jobs"