Universal Hobbies 1/32 MF Combine (also Fendt and Laverda)

Andy

as far as my 2 go spot on, finish lacks in a few minor areas paint wise,pto shaft and one has a ripple on cab top ,

i can find  one  single fault with these models, and that is the headers are not removable, even the poorer britains ones have that, but to me  thats a minor prob , but others could find this a headache

Well I've rated my model a 4/5... only let down to me is the fragility of the thing... very difficult to get out of the packaging... too many wires wrapped around delicate parts such as the rear steering axle...

However.. I have never seen detail on a model such as this anywhere else.. If this rates a 4 (as it's not perfection) then the Britains 7200 would get a 2 and the Siku 7278 would get a 3 I guess....

Like Sean says... the build quality has been a little "iffy" in some areas... but lets remember the level of detail supplied here and make some allowance for the fact they are all hand finished. Removable header would add to it's "playability" I guess... but lets not forget this is a collectors model that hasn't been built for carpet farming really

In my humble opinion.. this is one of the best models I now have in my collection of some 120+ Massey Ferguson Models - thank you UH  ;)

Detail wise it is the best model to have ever been thrown on the bonfire  :D :D

I don't know if any of you remember the trouble my fat thumbs had getting it out of the packaging when they first arrived, you know how it is I was so excited . Have had a few problem ones as bignose because of the fragile nature, the rear axle is a big problem in my view although easy to put right but some of my customers failed to see this was an easy fix  >:(

But overall I would award it 9/10, would have been 9.5 but for the colour and the badge  ;) ;)

having not got this model yet does the header detach like the real thing and if so could you put a britains/siku header on it  ,not that a solid header puts me off as it looks a fine model

also a question on the the lavarder badged combine did they make them in real life

like the MFs or is it a way of cashing in on the tooling  even though i would buy the lavarder

before the MF combine  :'(

having not got this model yet does the header detach like the real thing and if so could you put a britains/siku header on it  ,not that a solid header puts me off as it looks a fine model

also a question on the the lavarder badged combine did they make them in real life

like the MFs or is it a way of cashing in on the tooling  even though i would buy the lavarder

before the MF combine   :'(

i think you should read the replies above as a special award is heading your way ;) ;) ;)

Well at ?50 it would get a rounded up 4**** because of the quality issues but I bought it at less so would give it 5*****, if a model is commonly availible for under the RRP, should we not use that ??? very confusing with UH because the RRP is rarely followed

Confusing and a tad dissappointing if you are trying to make a little profit on them to run your business  :'(