At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing a bit of fencing which gave us the first opportunity to try the Bryce ourselves......

6480andbryce.jpg

Had to wash down the dumpers and take them to a farm about an hour away who are hiring them both for a week so washed down the 3095 at the same time......

3095-2.jpg

3095afterwash.jpg

The dumper all clean after the dung.........

dumper-2.jpg

this massey thing has you well & truly in it's grip mart you even got a car that matches the tractors  ;D ;D

hows the 3095 behaveing mate , you were having a few sluggish starts earlier in the year , & not seen the 698 or the 675 recently ? or the any of the 100 series tractors ..............c'mon man  ;D ;D

this massey thing has you well & truly in it's grip mart you even got a car that matches the tractors  ;D ;D

hows the 3095 behaveing mate , you were having a few sluggish starts earlier in the year , & not seen the 698 or the 675 recently ? or the any of the 100 series tractors ..............c'mon man  ;D ;D

I suppose it's fair to say I've been bitten by the bug Marcus  ;D

3095 perked up after yet another starter motor was fitted but the mechanic says that it's metal shavings getting into the starter from worn components that make it chew through the starters so she may be up for replacement sooner rather than later  :(

675 is still on the Teagle straw bedder Marcus, will be a nice relaxing summer for it until drying time comes again when she'll be back on the drier.

698 isn't looking too happy about herself still tucked away in a shed.

175 is still working away powering the Superior Bruiser and 165 is still on the Bicieffe bedder which has really been replaced by the Teagle so not much work for the old girl just now........Will snap some pics of them for you though  ;)

Very nice pictures you have made. The picture on the hill with the yellow field is great shot

Really nice update Martin, especially like the photograph above. Great to see all of those red machines including your matching coloured car. [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Thanks Bas and David  :)  I must say I like that picture myself too

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics!!

We used to cart the unwrapped bales back to our yard then wrap them in the yard. Saves on time and rick of damaging the plastic. Also meant the one who would be wrapping in the field was carting bales back to the farm...

Ever thought about that?

8)

Nice shots, Mart. 675 looks happy enough on the wrapper although the pylon makes it look like your towing a break down rig!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers Tris, aye the old girl did well on the wrapper, has a better cold air system than the 3095 too  ;)

Great pictures!!

We used to cart the unwrapped bales back to our yard then wrap them in the yard. Saves on time and rick of damaging the plastic. Also meant the one who would be wrapping in the field was carting bales back to the farm...

Ever thought about that?

Thanks Jez, I know what you mean about the handling risk of damaging the wrap, main reason we do it this way is the layout of the yard is better suited to just bringing in the wrapped bales to the stack, we'd be a bit cramed I reckon if we were wrapping in the yard too........

I went to a farm last year and wrapped at the stack. This year they did it with a forage wagon. ...  ever thought about that?!  :laugh: :laugh:

No seriously, wrapping at the stack is ok but awful boring for the wrapper man. A few chaps round here tow their wrappers behind the balers anyway so that takes a man out of the job.

Just a few odd ones from the phone here........

First off Scottish Water had a burst mains water pipe which cut off the water supply to the herd up the hill so after their suggestion of giving us bottled water to give to the cattle  ::)  we got the big tank on the Fergie trailer and off I trundled........

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

The Merlo after unloading the last of the silage at home.......

DSC00687.jpg

Also been looking after 21 heifers for another local farmer while he was on holiday this past week so had his JCB Loadall to put in the silage and straw........

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

i would have taken it, then set a stand up at t in the park or the show bill did mart ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have you been taking lesson from "Del Boy Ferguson" Sean  ??? ???

Mind you it was a good idea ;D ;D

no bill, used to be  quiet the little money maker at school, nearly single handly closed the school stationary shop infact with my dealings,amazing how well top notch stationary from the naval collage sold ,especially the pro drawing stuff ::) ::)::)  everything has a price inc my lunch ,always took 6 sarnies, 3 bags of crisps ,all got sold at a healthy profit, lunch bought fro mthe school then still leaving cash,

Nice pictures and updates Martin :)

You really do have to ask yourself what goes through the heads of these bods when they suggest something like bottled water for cattle ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Cheers Gav  :)

Indeed don't know what they'd say if I'd turned up with the tractor and trailer and said give me all the pallets of bottles you've got  ;D

Not a bad idea there Sean, didn't think of that one  :(:D

Then he clearly has been taking lessons from me then... all my ideas are good ideas... even the crap ones I have  [img alt=:of]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gif [img alt=:P]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/tongue.gif

Nice updates Mart... I love those JCB telehandlers.. real 'beefy' bits of kit 

Cheers Marky the JCB is certainly a much sturdier feeling machine than the Merlo, a lot less basic too but the ol' Merlo still does a fine enough job  ;)