At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

The 698T is on a B plate and even has the original 'Made in 1983' fire extinguisher! Interesting little thing the weed wiper by the way.

Same age as the 675 then Tris  ;)

Yeah it's an interesting wee tool, had two hires for it already just awaiting the feedback on how successful the applications have been

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Stewarts were delivered straight to the farms that have hired then Peter for 6 or so weeks each I believe. One is at Cononsyth I believe - can't remember the other offhand

If it is the north mains that is John dowells farm. i used to work there when i left the school. my mate now works there they have 3 fendts and a deere.

Thanks Bas. With the weed wiper you fill up the chemical tank as in a normal sprayer. The small pump is then set to pump the chemical mix onto the brush at a set rate (which can be adjusted depending on weed population in the field)/ The brush height can be altered to brush the chemical onto the offending weeds. We have already used it to kill off docks in one of our grass fields and seems to be more economical than spraying since the chemical is only really targeted at the offending weed as opposed to the whole field.

Sounds Nifty!  ;D

Both Stewarts were delivered straight to the farms that have hired then Peter for 6 or so weeks each I believe. One is at Cononsyth I believe - can't remember the other offhand

If it is the north mains that is John dowells farm. i used to work there when i left the school. my mate now works there they have 3 fendts and a deere.

Aye that's the one Peter  :)  - the other is with Findlay Russell at Drummietermont.

Aye that's the one Peter  :)  - the other is with Findlay Russell at Drummietermont.

[/quotewhen i worked there we had a 2850 and a 2040s and i carted of with a marshall trailer with the sides removed uesd to get 6 boxes on it. the trailer must be for my mates day who carts of for them.

nice to catch up with your pictures again, Mart.

lovely countryside up your way !

Cheers John. It's a bonny place when it's not blooming raining  :'(  ;)

when i worked there we had a 2850 and a 2040s and i carted of with a marshall trailer with the sides removed uesd to get 6 boxes on it. the trailer must be for my mates day who carts of for them.

Changed days eh Peter. Well hope it works well for him, he'll be the first to use it  :)

when i worked there we had a 2850 and a 2040s and i carted of with a marshall trailer with the sides removed uesd to get 6 boxes on it. the trailer must be for my mates day who carts of for them.

Changed days eh Peter. Well hope it works well for him, he'll be the first to use it  [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

should be a good bit of kit he normal has ronny gardiner trailers

• 1 month later...

nice we merlo mart, what is the fork lift in the back ground of it?

did you do the clutch your selves or a service mechanic?

Cheers Nick, the forklift in the background is an old CAT/Towmotor masted machine - she's actually needing a new lift pump at the moment but will dig out a pic of her for you  :)

A local mechanic did the clutch for us.......

Cheers Bill, och aye always up to something ;)

Very nice update. Is the MF 3095 driving again?

Texas 

Thanks Bas, yes the 3095 is back to work again now :)

Some other pics this time off the phone from harvest time.......

Had a problem with our Vicon baler - it wouldn't take in the net to wrap the bales so in order to keep us going the dealer gave us his demo Kuhn machine which works off the same control box as the Vicon

DSC00878.jpg

Once the combining was done we got to work spreading dung on the former pea land - the Merlo burst a pipe so the old girl dived in to keep things moving.......

DSC00894.jpg

Then we got the pipe fixed so the Merlo was off again.......

DSC00898.jpg

Unloading the drier at night.......

DSC00902.jpg

Cheers mart

arnt those kuhn balers justa vicon? horid ugly things in my eyes...

you look afer your 3095 dont ya buddy, them old classics are nice machines work well dont they

i love teh pics of the senebogen materials handler, is it pretty fast to laod? how far do you cart the fert?

Great pictures Mart and thanks for sharing, you say fertilizer is dropped into the trailers, it looks like most of it has been dropped on the docks  :of  Im surprised the health and saftey or enviromental agency gestapo haven't picked up on that saying its an enviromental hazard or something stupid like that.  :police:

Cheers mart

arnt those kuhn balers justa vicon? horid ugly things in my eyes...

you look afer your 3095 dont ya buddy, them old classics are nice machines work well dont they

i love teh pictures of the senebogen materials handler, is it pretty fast to laod? how far do you cart the fert?

3095's a superb old girl Nick - we're looking at getting her a new rear wing since the rust has set in on her current one - just makes her look a bit rough at the minute.

It's a pretty quick load with the Sennebogen until the boat gets nearly empty when they lower a bobcat into the boat to clean out the last of it.......The fert isn't getting carted far just from the wharf to Yara's large shed within the docks. They have another crance - a Liebherr one which drops 6 tonnes at a time into a hopper/funnel which you sit the trailer underneath and just cart 12 tonne back to the shed at a time.......The last day we were in between the 4 tractors we'd shifted 3500 tonnes  :of

Great pictures Mart and thanks for sharing, you say fertilizer is dropped into the trailers, it looks like most of it has been dropped on the docks  [img alt=:of]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gif  Im surprised the health and saftey or enviromental agency gestapo haven't picked up on that saying its an enviromental hazard or something stupid like that.  [img alt=:police:]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/police.gif 

There's always a bit of a spill from the grab but it's all cleaned up with the bobcat in the end and just gets added to the last load  :)