Hitches

AndyB

Having had Britains models now for over 20 years it strikes me that progress is finally being made in model introduction and detail, after a poor start under RC/RC2.  However, my most recent purchase has been the JD 8340T which is a great model for display or towing, but if i were 20 years younger and tried to hitch up something that is relevant in size to todays machinery, i would not be successfull. In short the current 'Britains' hitch system at best, is not up to todays standards and more realistically, has made a backwards step.  By way of not being a moaner without suggestion, some way to rectify this would be to have a positive locking 'slot' as (dare i say it) both Siku and UH have.

i guess in britains defence the magnum and ford were well into final development when they herd about peoples complaints about the hicth  system they had addopted, after all it must take 2 years at least to develop a model from new, so it was way to late to change it arround, but hopefully they have listened about it now for future models,

well i hope so anyway

i guess in britains defence the magnum and ford were well into final development when they herd about peoples complaints about the hicth  system they had addopted, after all it must take 2 years at least to develop a model from new, so it was way to late to change it arround, but hopefully they have listened about it now for future models,

well i hope so anyway

Yes but the MF 6290 hitch is great why couldn't they have used that ???

• 1 year later...

I must have a guardian angel or something cos every single hitch i have except for one, works absolutely perfectly. The only one that won't hold up a load is a landini 10000 I have. but il take ye're words for them being bad i must have just got lucky 50+ times  ???

You must have  >:( either that or it was a fluke

ha ha!

• 1 year later...

i got a t7000 today and its a nice model but the hitch is terrible its a pity because britains are the reason why we re into this hobby and they ruin what could be a lovely model with a stupid little fault..britains rc2 will u please sort it out i mean how much more expensive can it be to produce a metal siku type linkage that will hold up more than its own weight

• 2 months later...

when you go to spalding type places ,most people have bags full of universal hobbies,wiking,conversions ,siku and older britains ..now that says something ..also collectors like us lot want more reality and you dont get that with the new britains ..well thats my opinion , they also ,in a lot of models use the same casting which   others dont do

when you go to spalding type places ,most people have bags full of universal hobbies,wiking,conversions ,siku and older britains ..now that says something ..also collectors like us lot want more reality and you dont get that with the new britains ..well thats my opinion , they also ,in a lot of models use the same casting which   others dont do

You will also see a huge amount of current Ertl/Britains being sold as well.  Those that sell Britains find it goes very well indeed. 

We seem to have to re-iterate this point time and time again, and still some people won't get a grasp on it -  UH, Wiking, Conversions are MODELS and are generally priced as such.  Ertl/Britains make TOYS, and as such I don't see using common parts as a problem - re-using the base castings does not really detract from the toy. 

dont buy britains tractors after year 2000 as i think they are rubbish ..they need to get the 60s-90s glory days back..

I think that is a bit harsh; there are ongoing issues (the hitch being one) which we hope will be rectified, but overall the accuracy and level of detail is excellent for a toy, and frankly some the 80's and 90's offerings from Britains were not that great (the 90's tractors based on the TW35 casting are probably the worst that Britains have ever made)