Any ideas on what this is ?

farmernick06

I was just looking through my pictures of our last holiday to India. I was looking at some pics of Chalpatti beach in Mumbai and found an old photo which being me i had to take. Looking closely at it i can't figure out what it is, sorry if it's blaitanly obvious and is a well known company but seemed odd to me.

Thanks

FN

post-770-132638551986_thumb.jpg

definately a fiat bonnet , but there are indian companys that build their own tractors with other designs with a lisenceing agreements, just like TAFE , indian company ,modeled on the MF35

the only other makers that i know of that use the fiat design are universal & Somua (french)

Fiat but not as we know it as if a company wants to sell new tractors to India they have to open a factory there, also Indian companies have a tendancy to buy obsolete machines from engineering works so that could be Fiat panels, perkins engine MF back end theres just no knowing ???

India has the largest market in the world for new tractors

Mahindra and Mahindra  ??? And Marky you do make me giggle haha ..... And yes it is an implement for picking litter and sea weed etc off of the beach, but this is again putting the homeless out of a job as they used to pick up the litter and sell it to make money.

Yep that's what I thought I could be wrong though

Think i saw one of them tractors before , think its crest was a half moon and a star. forget the name though.

I was out in spain last easter and we arrived at 11 at night so we walked down along the beach and to my delight , the pur of a JD 7810 was pulling one of those beach cleaners  ;D