At work with Gav

Gav836

Some more pictures from today, we needed to keep the sub soiler on the move so we don't get behind so the boss took over while I had my lunch, I took the chance to take some pictures of it at work. Its a 40 acre field we've hired off our neighbours with a nice sea view :)

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

Its a Cousins V-Form Colm :)

Some pictures from today, bed-form, de-stoning and planting on the field I was sub-soiling the other day. Nice light deep soil with a very nasty patch of stones in a small area of it, these ripped the heavy duty intake web on the de-stoner to pieces this afternoon so we are now awaiting a new web, 2m long roughly and £1200 :o :o

Bed-forming, lots of sea gulls making a mess of my tractor ::)

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

Long ends......irrigator reaches 475m...........

DSCN0697.jpg

th_DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

Boss has probably got to go to Lincs tomorrow and pick it up, astonishingly considering the time of year Grimme's UK base isn't open over this weekend so we have to pay a callout charge to be able to collect it, they closed last night and re-open Tues morning >:(::)

Boss has probably got to go to Lincs tomorrow and pick it up, astonishingly considering the time of year Grimme's UK base isn't open over this weekend so we have to pay a callout charge to be able to collect it, they closed last night and re-open Tues morning >:(::)

Now that is bad really concidering how many potato crews that are still going the bank holiday isn't going to stop them but they still stop  :'( :'(  You gonna carry onwith bedforming then this weekend?

No, going to hold fire until the destoner is fixed as we don't want the clods baking so hard that they won't break up in the machine ;)

We all think its badness on Grimmes behalf, good money making chance for them with call out charges >:(

it only gets boring when you've got a bed tiller on the formers , thats when the whole job goes into slow motion  murray  :D:-\

i take it all your spud land is light enough to not need bedtilling gav ? i noticed you had the markers up as well , do you run in the previous ridge & only work one ridge at a time , or work on the bout markers effectively giving two ridges with one run

nice pics mate , really starting to itch now , i know what i'd rather be doing compared to spalding , you'll have to ring me next year & we'll swap ;)

I have been bed tilling on the first field we were on, like you say Marcus it goes into slow motion @ 1-4kph.

I usually drive in the previous ridge, the markers all need adjusting and are siezed up on the adjusters.

I'd rather be doing this than Spalding or any show too I'm afraid so no deal :D :D

Here's a few pictures from yesterday, sorry about the quality but they were taken on my phone. Had to go on the planter as the usual chap was playing rawhide back at the base :D Took me 2.5 hours to plant what it had taken the destoner 6 hours to do so was tail gating him for a while :D

Image099-1.jpg

Image101-1.jpg

Camera to keep an eye on the belts

Image102-1.jpg

Two from today now, smallest field on the farm, not even 24m wide at the end pic was taken from, not parallel hedges either so got some short work too >:(

DSCN0736.jpg

My sub-soiler tonight........ ::)

DSCN0737.jpg