At work with Gav

Gav836

if i remember rightly the 936 was burning 47lph

Cheers Marcus think I might help use that to persuade the boss to start going fendt :D :D But seriously thats good on fuel :)

But on note at college they have just traded there old 617 Claas (which was last renault in theory) for new arion of similar size and difference is amazing you can tell Claas have designed and built this pulls well and very well built

If we did get one it would be on 20.8 tyres as anything bigger than that would mean that we needed a couple of extra sets of wheels for it as 710's and 650's are too big for bed work, as it is I have a 16" set for harvesting. The chance of it being a Deere when its changed are slim to none, I don't want one and neither does anyone else on the place after the trouble we've had with them, the 30 series are not going down any better locally either.

Got another 6 acres of spuds to get in into extremely dry, dust bowl conditions, just no moisture in the soil at all after I've put the bed tiller in it

Transmission is the same as the TVT/CVX basically Ol as it's built by ZF, Claas have just done the software for it and done a damn good job in the process, much better than the CVX I drove last year.

Jez, it used quite a bit less diesel than my 6920s does doing the same sort of work which was good. Dealer is good as well, samee branch that used to look after my old Renault so I have a good relationship with them

23.9l/hr isn't bad when you consider it was on a 5 leg subsoiler in very hard ground that had had over wintered cattle on it. When you work it out to l/ha though its just over 14 which is very good for any tractor on that job.

Yeah she's gone back :'( :'( Not going to be trying anything else as we have no work left for one to do now after tomorrow/Saturday morning. Not looking to change a tractor till 2010 anyway, dealer just wanted to get a foot in the door. I'm happy not to try anything else anyway as I felt quite at home in the Axion and would have one anyday, in fact it felt really claustrophobic getting back in the 6920s yesterday after having such a big and light cab on the Axion

Well Manns have Axion 810 Cmatic's in stock at good prices at the minute, rep was supposed to come back today and fill the boss in on prices and details so if we ordered one now we'd get it in a matter of weeks it would seem, can't see it happening though :D

Its ok, the JD needs another dr's visit at the minute, got an electronic fault on the hitch at the minute, mind you they know the way there now, been out enough to the destoner lately ::) ::)

The JD dealers already know the situation Sean, service improved when we changed branches but doesn't alter the reliability issues or the tractor prices, even estates that have had JD for longer than anyone can remember have now switched brands

The JD dealers already know the situation Sean, service improved when we changed branches but doesn't alter the reliability issues or the tractor prices, even estates that have had JD for longer than anyone can remember have now switched brands

Its a different story over here, JD sales are doing very well indeed, I want another  ;D

know what you mean gav , farm i delivered to yesterday have the same attitude to their machinery suppliers, they used to be MF , nothing else got a look in, till the 6000 series came in , brand product was poor & so was the dealer backup, so many branches closed over the years , there wasn't a 'local' dealer just up the road anymore, they changed to JD & were very happy with the 00,10 series tractors , but the 20 & 30 series has been a disaster for them, a change of greenery now sits in the yard in the guise of 2 new deutz tractors , re-newed dealerships are pushing the german brand hard in my area, & getting sales  ;)

Started tractor hoeing the sugarbeet today to try and remove the weed beet seedlings that were coming up. Got the 6810 on it at the minute but its got a hospital appointment as soon as I've done the worst fields as the front axle pivot pins and bushes are knackered (engineer said they were worst he'd seen and use at our own risk ::) ::)) Travelling at a speed of 1.4-1.8 mph, hoe is a Stanhay Row Cleaner R60 12 row

06052009003.jpg

06052009004.jpg

Drivers eye view

06052009.jpg

06052009001.jpg

It's a hard life being a Spaniel :D :D

06052009002.jpg

If it's like a labrador, all of a sudden you're going flat out when it rolls onto the throttle.  ;D

Funny you should say that, I was slowly getting up to 2.4mph at one point, hadn't noticed he'd rolled over onto the throttle :D :D

for gods sake dont you dare wander with that weeder :o

It's too late to worry about that, would help if they were drilled straight ::) ::)

Give me my old 12 row rear mount anyday mate, much easier than this one :D

Its not my tractor so when i'm told by its regular driver that he keeps it maintained I took his word for it as it wouldn't look good if I kept going behind him, it was only when I planted some spuds with it Saturday that I noticed the axle rocking back and forth. I've also gone through all the filters on it today, air filter had about 1.5kg of dust in it, the cab filters were choked solid and going mouldy and the radiator was full of crap..........so much for well maintained ::) ::) Now due an oil and fuel filter change, do know when they were done as I changed them last September