At work with Gav

Gav836

They don't fit the right transmission in the right range of tractor for us Sean so it rules them out at the moment

Oh dear - sounds like your dream will have to wait another while. Is it the Arion you want with the Axion box essentially?

You will see quite a few new launches over the next 12 months anyway in this bracket with more bloody emissions regulations coming into force.

Here's a few pictures from today of potato planting in process. I was on this all day yesterday but had to go and finish ridging the last few acres up today so the usual chap was back on it. The bed tiller on the front is mixing 55kg/ha of Vydate 10g pesticide granules in the soil to control soil pests, particularly Potato Cyst Nematodes which can destroy the yield of the crop.

018-2.jpg

019-4.jpg

020-3.jpg

022-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

024-1.jpg

Some distance shots of our neighbours at work.....

4 Fastrac's on Grimme de-stoners, 1 Fastrac cultivating, 1 Fastrac on a Standen 6 row planter, also on the  field was another Fastrac ridging and a JCB loadall feeding the planter

004-20.jpg

007-13.jpg

006-17.jpg

Floating out at sea from where we were working was this monstrous crane type barge which was being moved today, presumably to the windfarm being constructed, certainly caused much conversation over the CB's

013-7.jpg

Finally a short video of the 6810, tiller and planter

th_021-3.jpg

nice pics gav one question though do you ever have problems with cracking fuel tanks im sure driving over the ridges the tanks are bound to get a fair bit of wear ive seen countless tanks cracked on tractors at our dealers and it doesnt seem like it take much to break them  ???

I'd think twice about the case mate, well thats if you want half decent build quiality and not a tractor that seems like its been built by monkeys!

and just out of interest what brought this about smithy i thought you were a case man

nice pictures gav one question though do you ever have problems with cracking fuel tanks im sure driving over the ridges the tanks are bound to get a fair bit of wear ive seen countless tanks cracked on tractors at our dealers and it doesnt seem like it take much to break them  ???

Thanks. No we don't as both my 6920s and the 6810 have factory fitted steel tank guards under them and the 6910 has a home made one fitted otherwise we would go through a tank a season at least on our stoney ground

6810 doesn't really do much requiring lots of rubber these days, just some top work, irrigation, trailer work and potato planting so its unlikely she'll get new boots yet

nice update Gav, i do enjoy this area when i can see anything going on myself!....

having said that, a few JD's destoning/planting potoatos near Royston when i went past on the train last few days, they seem to use two tractors to do what your doing with one (planting/tiller)

The New Holland has arrived ;D  I've not used it for much more than an hour so far but first impressions are very good :) Will get some more pictures over the next couple of days as got it until Tuesday morning 8)

001-24.jpg

Doubt we'll be having the MF for a few months now as we'll be finished field work by this time next week so won't have anything to do with it. Struggling to find one at the moment anyway as the dealer has sold their demonstrator

mm more than i thought then, i know the fords on the farm across from my uncles one had fords from doe, 6600's and alike, but that was framlingham branch meant to be meeting a friend of hers at wymondham  library or near to there, so may go have a look

The New Holland has arrived ;D  I've not used it for much more than an hour so far but first impressions are very good :) Will get some more pictures over the next couple of days as got it until Tuesday morning 8)

Nice, Gav.  :D  Is she full spec?

Pretty much John, 50k, air brakes, all round suspension. We'd probably stick to 40k though when we do buy as for the amount of road miles we do 50k would be a luxury, something to talk over nearer the time though, which ever way I'd like air brakes as it then gives me a compressor on board for blowing the radiator out should (when) it blocks up baling or poato harvesting although it does also have a reversible cooling fan as an option which did work well on the CVX's for cleaning out dust