At work with Gav

Gav836

Deeres are not out dated due to lack of anything though, Phil not when you compare like for like. You must remember the 74 and 75 were competing with the TM175 and 190 and were more advanced than both of these. It's called progression. When the 74 and 75 are replaced I'm sure they too will supersede what competitors will be offering. On price, our dealer is offering better spec/price than MF are. As for suspension, the 7530 may not be superb no but the seat is bloody good though! I think you've had too much of a comfortable life!! :D

I have newhollands our t7060 is puttin out 255 on da dyno before boost great tractor best cab on the market by a mile noting wrong wit deeres but fuel consumption is very bad newhollands are da way forward and thats the truth personally its newholland for me but i wont run down the deere i have a 9640 i wts and any problems the 30 series are giving will be sorted im sure its a matter of choice but i like blue plus it matches my st focus ha ha!

well i wouldn't buy any of them gav , if i were you i'd get your boss to buy some nice re-built nuffield 10-60 & a few MF 35x's & a couple of dexta's go back to a probably less stressfull working day , stop for lunch with your work mates , hunk of bread ,block of cheese , maybe an onion, & apple, a cold bottle of orange squash & a bottle of luke warm tea kept in an old sock ,enjoy the sunshine & working close to hand with your machinery not sat 10ft away from it in whats basicly you're own little world & once on that nuffy, buster can run up & down with you , snuffle round in the ditches & hedges & keep fit ,  i wonder how many young tractor drivers would cope without all this fandangled technology

I don't think many would cope at all. When I started working on farms 13 years ago I was lucky in that respect as the one in question had a large fleet of tractors starting at the old to the new, the main loader used was a Super Major with a Cameron Gardner rear forklift and SteelFeb front loader, thats despite owning a teleporter. I wouldn't mind driving older stuff at all some of the time but the comfort of todays kit is much better given the hours we spend in them and the fact that hessian sacks are hard to find to use as a cushion for your ass on steel seats these days ;D ;D

The fleet on the first farm I worked on is as follows (450 acres):

Allis Chalmers B

Ferguson FE35 x 2, 1 fitted with Twose Angledraulic hedge cutter

Ferguson 35

Fordson Super Major x 2, 1 with forklift/loader

McCormick International 276

Ford 5000

Ford 6600

Ford 6610

Ford 7810

Valmet 8100

Sanderson 247TS

MF 50B

MF 780 Special

New Holland TF42

Fraser Buggy IID

Mastenbroek Land Drainer

Changes since I left:

McCormick MTX150 added, no trade ins

New Holland TF42 sold last year for new Case AFX

Second Fraser Buggy in fleet

JCB tracked digger bought

Land Drainer sold

JCB 530-70 replaced Sanderson

well i wouldn't buy any of them gav , if i were you i'd get your boss to buy some nice re-built nuffield 10-60 & a few MF 35x's & a couple of dexta's go back to a probably less stressfull working day , stop for lunch with your work mates , hunk of bread ,block of cheese , maybe an onion, & apple, a cold bottle of orange squash & a bottle of luke warm tea kept in an old sock ,enjoy the sunshine & working close to hand with your machinery not sat 10ft away from it in whats basicly you're own little world & once on that nuffy, buster can run up & down with you , snuffle round in the ditches & hedges & keep fit ,  i wonder how many young tractor drivers would cope without all this fandangled technology

when i was a lad the times ive heard this  ::):laugh:

Im 13 and i am much more confident driving our `88 2wd Ford 7610 II Than driving my uncles Valmet 8050.

Im not saying that the Valmet is a bad machine but im just familiar with our 7610

Im 13 and i am much more confident driving our `88 2wd Ford 7610 II Than driving my uncles Valmet 8050.

Im not saying that the Valmet is a bad machine but im just familiar with our 7610

I am 24 and give me two sticks any day ahead of powershifts!

i would be lost in a modern tractor, even marky helping in hattie wasnt enough, far better in a nice 699 or 1250, simple controls, does the job nice and easy

Pah!! You'd still be lost!!! Especially with three gear sticks in a 699  :P:laugh: :laugh:

well i wouldn't buy any of them gav , if i were you i'd get your boss to buy some nice re-built nuffield 10-60 & a few MF 35x's & a couple of dexta's go back to a probably less stressfull working day , stop for lunch with your work mates , hunk of bread ,block of cheese , maybe an onion, & apple, a cold bottle of orange squash & a bottle of luke warm tea kept in an old sock ,enjoy the sunshine & working close to hand with your machinery not sat 10ft away from it in whats basicly you're own little world & once on that nuffy, buster can run up & down with you , snuffle round in the ditches & hedges & keep fit , i wonder how many young tractor drivers would cope without all this fandangled technology

Im 17 and would FAR rather a Big fancy tractor with gizmos and becons than a 35x etc..  ;);D  Probably just because i've been brought up around all these big shiny ones  ;D

That wouldn't help 'Ol Sausage Fingers' if he can't find a gear, I have the hand throttle  ;D

thought that was for disabled car driver tris :D :D :D 

never had a issue with the old stuff, plan simple kit to use, it is just me, i gues with time i could handle a modern one again, but it wouldnt be straight forward

I'm 13 and drive whatever i get asked too.not just steer ;)

but when i get asked to get the water bowser in from the field i much prefer the ford 6640 over all the new tractors in the yard.

but i think that your not in control of these new tractors.your just there for the ride!

I'm 13 and drive whatever i get asked too.not just steer ;)

but when i get asked to get the water bowser in from the field i much prefer the ford 6640 over all the new tractors in the yard.

but i think that your not in control of these new tractors.your just there for the ride!

Right i'll get into me 6930 tomorrow morning and see if it drives itself to the field then shall I?

My boss would have kittens at the thought of of those of you under 14 driving tractors, we aren't allowed anyone riding in our tractors under that age let alone driving them, while it is against the law it is also in our own employment contracts not to as well so we would get a severe telling off and warning for doing so

My boss would have kittens at the thought of of those of you under 14 driving tractors, we aren't allowed anyone riding in our tractors under that age let alone driving them, while it is against the law it is also in our own employment contracts not to as well so we would get a severe telling off and warning for doing so

same here gav no passengers under 14 allowed

Legally anyone over the age of 13 can drive a tractor on private land, Fields, yards etc. over here anyway  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures of the carrots we have on our land being sprayed by a contractor with a forward control Mog. We were too busy planting spuds still for me to get up there when they were drilling them unfortunately.

002-24.jpg

003-20.jpg

004-22.jpg

005-20.jpg