Britains farming German style

yes it's from towse and I'm not complaining and it's well worth the money (and at least Britains detail standard, just the main wheels are a little bit steep), but maybe the caps of the seed canisters might get another colour or the frames for the canister/roller segments could be re-painted. Some decals (which maker? Monosem?) or even a full colour change? (MF red or Ford Blue?)

another view (can I use the Marston silage trailer also for barley in real live or is this unrealistic?):

Of course you can, but the police might do you for overloading. Down cork way they use their Kane silage trailers for hauling wheat grains.

Of course you can, but the police might do you for overloading. Down cork way they use their Kane silage trailers for hauling wheat grains.

Hope they change the silage tail doors for a more grain tight one or there will be a trail of grain running out the back of it from the field to the store and a near empty cart by the time they get to shed  ;)

So which trailer of the current Britains selection (or Siku) would you recommend for this scene (as you may have discovered, I like the colours of Tractors and implements to be fitting, although probably no real farmer will choose an implement because of the coulour fits to the tractor, does anyone?)

Hope they change the silage tail doors for a more grain tight one or there will be a trail of grain running out the back of it from the field to the store and a near empty cart by the time they get to shed   ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

very nice again!, have you thought about expanding to a room??, you could have so much fun! :)

Yeah, I am thinking of making a 2 x 1,5 meters diorama in our bed-room, which could be pushed under the bed in case the room is needed for other activities ... ;-)

There is also a very large carpet in our living room, which is used for carpet farming by my son (and by me, unofficially, of course ...)

However, due to lack of space, my hobby remains restricted to dioramas of this size:

post-1013-132638627094_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638627099_thumb.jpg

Fantastic Richard, you show very well how the size of a diorama isn't strictly important, it is the quality in the way it is shown. Very nice work.

What have you used for the stubble in the MF Cerea diorama?

the stubble field is available in train modell shops; it is a 1:87 (HO) "corn field" modell carpet making up perfectly for 1:32 stubbles! I can anly recommend visiting any train modell shop in your vincity, as they offer some very interesting products which can be used as background and so on for our farm modells!

Certain real live experiences lead to the idea of creating a "currant harvesting scenes" (see farm talk/implements/experience with mixed feeling in this forum) and to make use of the (in my eyes) otherwise almost useless new Britains Ford tractor (which looks, I must admit very nice in this scenery)

Here are some first results - what do you think:

post-1013-132638628163_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638628166_thumb.jpg