Britains farming German style

your are right. thanks for this open-minded (and first real critical comment in this topic), opening my eyes. looks like pure bull excrement that trailer, do not now how I had the idea of using this trailer (you are talking of that TIM Toys one I hope) as root trailer, its far to high and something between a silage trailer and pure fantasy. Any suggestion what to do with this rubbish? Converting it (into what?), to Ebay or to my little son (3 years old) ...

Just ordered the Britains "Marston" John Deere coloured trailer, which will look better and can also realistically be used for transporting beets used???

not sure but i think that may be to high as well??, i'll try and get some pics of it :) :)

well that would be very much appreciated - need something for loading beets off my (still awaited) Tim (not Tim Toy) Thyregod Beet harvesters and later a single row Standen Mk3 harvester, both supplied by two different individuals from this forum.

Do not want to spent more money for a scratch-built trailer however, as long as there are so many 1:32 trailers on the market, any of them should be suitable for beets?

Here in Germany they use "normal size" trailer both for potato and beet as well as for grain, so does it have to be a dedicated root trailer for sugar beet? what do you think?

well that would be very much appreciated - need something for loading beets off my (still awaited) Tim (not Tim Toy) Thyregod Beet harvesters and later a single row Standen Mk3 harvester, both supplied by two different individuals from this forum.

Do not want to spent more money for a scratch-built trailer however, as long as there are so many 1:32 trailers on the market, any of them should be suitable for beets?

Here in Germany they use "normal size" trailer both for potato and beet as well as for grain, so does it have to be a dedicated root trailer for sugar beet? what do you think?

do remember Sascha that certain people do work as well as make convos won't you, they are worth the wait trust me

and will certainly look good on your layout that for sure

The Marston trailer you are waiting for could always have a bit cut off the top to lower the sides? But as you say, if your are growing two or three different types of crop then mayeb one type of trailer that suits all the work would be better, so the Marston should cope with all this just fine. Lovely pics again, you make it look sooooo good!!

The Marston trailer you are waiting for could always have a bit cut off the top to lower the sides? But as you say, if your are growing two or three different types of crop then mayeb one type of trailer that suits all the work would be better, so the Marston should cope with all this just fine. Lovely pics again, you make it look sooooo good!!

that can be done i have done one before like that, long time ago now mind you

made some minor changes to my farm dioramas today; partly due to non-delivery of a few ordered items of a semi-professional 1:32 farm conversion guy; so I used the time for making use a a few metres of bike-light-wire ;-)

Addition and sentence above not changed due to following comments: the meaning of the sentence above is: Certain parts for improving my diormas did not arrive, however, as I wanted to change my dioramas a little bit as we have a German national holiday today, I made some minor conversion (bike.wire used as hydraulic tubes) and just wanted to share some related detail views with you; this is not meant as an attack on any 1:32 implement provider.

post-1013-132638655975_thumb.jpg

post-1013-13263865598_thumb.jpg

made some minor changes to my farm dioramas today; partly due to non-delivery of a few ordered items of a semi-professional 1:32 farm conversion guy; so I used the time for making use a a few metres of bike-light-wire ;-)

sascha do you work??? full time that is?????? if so i am sure you will understand how difficult it can be to fit stuff in, even if your just a lowley office worker, even harder if you work on a farm at the busyest time of the year ,i am becoming a little dispondent at the number of your posts critising peoples work , and delivery times  ,maybe you should have a go yourself if nothings ever right mate,see how easy you find it

sascha do you work??? full time that is?????? if so i am sure you will understand how difficult it can be to fit stuff in, even if your just a lowley office worker, even harder if you work on a farm at the busyest time of the year ,i am becoming a little dispondent at the number of posts critising peoples work  ,maybe you should have a go yourself if nothings ever right mate

I echo Seans comments... I think you need to understand that scratch building is not an overnight process Sacha... and as mentioned above Gavin works for a living... as do many of the other converters/builders on here.  I have put some of your comments down to lauguage translation in the past but it does appear that you seem to systematically "take down" every provider on here that you do business with - and in my opinion that's not a fair way to behave.  I think the answer here is not to place orders with these sort of builders... or failing that... excercise a little patience and bite your tongue.  My other "words of wisdom" would be to get your order confirmed BEFORE placing it - both in terms of delivery date... and precisely what EXACTLY you want built.

This fourm has a very positive atmosphere - we all get along... and help each other where we can - share our common enjoyment of all things farm toy related as it were - I for one don't want to log on here and see a torrent of sarcastic comments directed towards any of our fellow members.

I echo Seans comments... I think you need to understand that scratch building is not an overnight process Sacha... and as mentioned above Gavin works for a living... as do many of the other converters/builders on here.  I have put some of your comments down to lauguage translation in the past but it does appear that you seem to systematically "take down" every provider on here that you do business with - and in my opinion that's not a fair way to behave.  I think the answer here is not to place orders with these sort of builders... or failing that... excercise a little patience and bite your tongue.  My other "words of wisdom" would be to get your order confirmed BEFORE placing it - both in terms of delivery date... and precisely what EXACTLY you want built.

This fourm has a very positive atmosphere - we all get along... and help each other where we can - share our common enjoyment of all things farm toy related as it were - I for one don't want to log on here and see a torrent of sarcastic comments directed towards any of our fellow members.

do not understand these aggressive comments; I just stated that I changed my dioramas due to the fact that some items have not arrived yet

- I did not rely to any person and I also can not remember where and when I "systematically take down every provider" - where? when? how?

- what is your business in any conflict with any provider which has not been published here officially, but only via p. m.?

- regarding Gavin I can remember of a lot of my positive and supporting comments regarding especially his beet harvester - what is my number of criticism on other peoples work? examples? where? when?

- by the way I am not going to continue discussing with someone calling me a "t-one-1" or something like that without any reason and excuse two days ago

Maybe I should voluntarily withdraw from participating in this forum for a time; in case my contributions here are always regarded in such a bad light recently ...

sascha do you work??? full time that is?????? if so i am sure you will understand how difficult it can be to fit stuff in, even if your just a lowley office worker, even harder if you work on a farm at the busyest time of the year ,i am becoming a little dispondent at the number of your posts critising peoples work , and delivery times  ,maybe you should have a go yourself if nothings ever right mate,see how easy you find it

no need to become annoying here, based only on suggestions. You know nothing from me apart of my pictures and comments. There is also hard work possible apart of farm work. I can just repeat myself: all I sayed is that some items have not arrived yet. That is a neutral formulation without any form of critic and has nothing to do with any personal disappointment which has never intended to become a topic in here ...