Scania Tractor unit.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you going to make light bars for it?? maybe kelsa light bars

heres a nice one

That's easier said than done, to get them to shine like the proper ones is near on impossible as are many chrome/alloy accesories for models unless factory produced. All I can do myself is the anodised ones which in my opinion loko cheap and nasty. I had chromed ones on my Topline and she looked the nuts, some I knew had anodised and they just look pants. So for this one it may be none at all, or later on in the futur if somthing becomes available.

tris stick a nice big hiab crane arm on the back like darren gortton has running round, big enough to lift roof struts ect up onto most houses with ease

Again, finding one that big it 1/32. ...  :-\ ???

thats comin on well!! keep at it till we see how it ends up? what did you steal the bull nose of?

Another model, same as the one Light Land has in his topic about some convos he did. The bull nose and the topling are the same scale but two different manufacturers. With this in mind I am more than happy how it lines up.  :)

That's easier said than done, to get them to shine like the proper ones is near on impossible as are many chrome/alloy accesories for models unless factory produced. All I can do myself is the anodised ones which in my opinion loko cheap and nasty. I had chromed ones on my Topline and she looked the nuts, some I knew had anodised and they just look pants. So for this one it may be none at all, or later on in the futur if somthing becomes available.

Again, finding one that big it 1/32. ...  :-\ ???

Another model, same as the one Light Land has in his topic about some convos he did. The bull nose and the topling are the same scale but two different manufacturers. With this in mind I am more than happy how it lines up.  :)

well what about a beacon bar like the one on the pictures i posted

well what about a beacon bar like the one on the pictures i posted

That can and may well be arranged if I can just find the link I saved many moons ago  ;) I like the Kelsa stuff, with a beacon at either end of the light bar and five spots inbetween but I just don't want it to look 'ok'.

Does anyone know of any chrome spray or anything?

Didn't see this one Tris. She's going to look smart.

Definitely go with the CWF colours, she'll look the business parked next to my 8 wheel feed bulker  ;)

Of course, first I have to find a Volvo unit to start with  ::)

I wouldn't have thought the green stripes down the sides would pose too much of a problem, and surely you could email CWF for an image of the airbrushing on the bonnet and get it printed onto waterslide  ??? I'm going to keep trying to persuade you!!  :D :D

Do CWF come down as far as you? They're bang on for us so will look right in the layout, but may be a different story for you.

They have a mill, countrystore, fuel and distribution warehouse in Melksham. The mill has been condemned for destruction and so BOCM Pauls have taken alot of the bulk feed deliveries down to Radstock. At one time theere were 8 8wheel blowers and 5 artics based there. Now it's mainly the curtainsiders.