Scania Tractor unit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers one and all. ..  well, ran out of paint so the grill isn't finished yet and there are one or two touch ups to do but here is the bulk of the work done. Before Friday I have to finish the lowloader which is over halfway done. For the truck itself to be ready for Spalding she will need exhausts, rear lights, catwalk, suzi's, airkit refitting, sun visor refitting, windscreen refitting and interior refitting.

Then at a later date, aerials, lightbars, decals.

post-227-132639067273_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639067323_thumb.jpg

That looks mighty fine Tris, great work, looking forward to seeing the finished article. :) Here's a link to a haulage contractor located a bit further north than me, John Toulson who runs some similar style Scania trucks, I often see them passing through Pickering. :)

http://www.johntoulson.co.uk/

BC has put up lots of his own pics of a Toulson lorry that his friend bought, David. Bill supplied me with the chassis measurements to get this right. I think Toulsons T-Cabs are dwindling now in favour of Volvo units. Shame that Scania have ceased bringing them over now :(

Just had a good look through Bill's photographs Tris, very impressive lorry. :) That's a real shame, i've seen the Toulson T -Cabs running as a pair through Pickering on many occasions with their bulkers on the back, and i'm sure i've seen some 4 axle Volvo rigid bulk tippers of there's too, kept in very clean order. I'll have to keep an eye out when i'm out and about with my camera.

good going tris , cant wait to see it coupled to the trailer when i'ts finished , see what you mean about the two cab parts not quite lining up for the recesses, but the two colours work well together  :) :)

oh yeah i'll post those JD pics up later as well mate  :)

Still buzzing mate  ;) can work is done now. Just waiting for some drying time before I mount it back on the chassis perminantly. Then it's fixing on the tanks and if time, stacks and cat walk.  :)

great to see the truck in the flesh, your tip to 4c for the donor parts paid off, when he got home mrs 4c had some bull nose scanias on the kitchen table for him :o

was great meeting you again, the scania and trailer looked great, it was the main topic all the way home with 4c, role on the recovery lorry ;)