Scania Tractor unit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel tank added as well as the other pair of air tanks and a tank for hydraulic oil seeing as she will be fitted with tipping gear. . ..  Just incase  ;) Had some nice shiny aluminium lying around so I thought what better use for it than for nice shiny tanks!!  ;D

(The tanks arn't fitted, just the brackets. This kind of thing won't be on properly untill the chassis gets sprayed)

post-227-132639012925_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639012963_thumb.jpg

Appreciate all your comments and compliments guys :) A hearty thanks to Bill for helping me get her this far. She got a real kickstart from your pics mate :)

No problem Tris I'm happy to help out to see a model like this being made. The ex Toulson T cab was away at the Scania garage getting ready for test when I was round past last Friday but should be back this week. If you require any more photos then just shout out ;) ;)

looking good mate really good  why the tag instead of a dual drive or 2nd steer/pusher ?

not that it matters a decent coat of paint will transform it no end  :)

manager said i wouldn't be getting a volvo when mines replaced , so it looks like i'm resigned to a scania mate , although i did ask for either a T cab or a longline , he didn't have any leaflets & said 'leave it with me i'll look into it'   ;):D

Thanks Moley :)

Because tag axles are for proper truckers  8)

You very seldom see a second steer/pusher T cab, Marcus. Double drives are for the heavy work and the higher road tax bracket so I went with what seems to be the more popular. With the tag raised the wheel base is similar to a cabover for manoevrability. More wieght is dumped on the drive axle for grip in dodgy spots too. Suprised your feed lorries ain't tags really. I know I could have done with it many a time on the building sites.

Thanks Moley :)

Because tag axles are for proper truckers  8)

You very seldom see a second steer/pusher T cab, Marcus. Double drives are for the heavy work and the higher road tax bracket so I went with what seems to be the more popular. With the tag raised the wheel base is similar to a cabover for manoevrability. More wieght is dumped on the drive axle for grip in dodgy spots too. Suprised your feed lorries ain't tags really. I know I could have done with it many a time on the building sites.

don't think as drivers we havn't asked mate , but like all transport managers who can't actually do the job....................................they know best  ::)

• 4 weeks later...

Fifth wheel fitted, easier than I thought too thanks to the way Newray fit them to their own chassis. The fifth wheel fits to a via two screws. The whole lot then fits to the chassis via one screw. Remove this one screw and disregard, remove the other two and the plate goes underneath the fender frame work and the fifth wheel ontop, screws in from underneath via the two retained screws clamping the fifth wheel ontop and the fixing plate underneath with the fender frame work inbetween. Siku pin fits straight in too. ;D

post-227-132639036199_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639036234_thumb.jpg