U.H. MASSEY FERGUSON 169V ROUND BALER

An absolute stunner of a model.  :P:-* Very realistic looking, loads of warning labels all over it, nicely detailed wheels, bolts all picked out with silver paint, mesh grilles front and rear are actually transparent. Lights on the rear look very realistic, trailer triangles, round tail lights painted half red, half orange. Bale ramp has a warning sticker on it to make it more visible.  :P

Paint and decals spot on, decals very clearly printed, pressure gauge on top of baler has a visible dial and pointer. Pick up looks very realistic with fixed tines and some authentic looking height control wheels. Pto shaft, drawbar and hydraulic hoses nicely made. Drawbar ring is very slim and would fit just about any tractor. The drawbar has a height adjustable jack, which sadly isn't either removeable or pivoted to allow it to be moved into a "Working" position.  :(

Probably one of the most outstanding features of this machine is the bale rolling belts.  :P  They have been made to look like the real thing and follow a quite complicated route, much as the real balers would do. 10/10 for that alone. Wheel chocks are fitted to the right hand side of the baler.

Observations,,, (Not criticisms particularly)  The pickup is fixed, ie not floating, and as the drawbar is fairly high, you may find that it will fit better on the larger tractors. If the drawbar isn't high enough, it tends to ride on the pickup wheels. It fits very well on my JD 7920. I also have an MF 6290 on its way to put it on, assuming it fits ok. The main wheels are quite stiff to turn but I'm sure that can be easily rectified. The bale chamber is fixed closed which is a bit of a shame but you can understand why when you see the complexity of the belting. :)

To summarise, it's a stunning model of the sort you would want to show everyone, it's very realistic looking, (I got mine cheap) and  worth every penny of whatever you pay for it. Having now bought my first U.H. model,I.m so impressed with this one that I now want more, I cant praise it enough. :P:-*

My only criticism being the jack which is fixed in the "Down" position.

My advice to you..................go and buy one.  ;):)

Hi there Britainswomble. The parking jack on this model does raise and lower as I have just checked out mine. A gentle push upwards will retract it and gently pull down again for parking up. It holds position with a pin and hole system, look closely at side of  the jack to see this. Totally agree with your verdict on the detail and finish of this model as it's superb even though the pick up reel is non working and tailgate is fixed and non opening. But I recall seeing on here a member of the forum introduced his baler to the dremmel and cured that problem  ;)

Can't remember who it was that posted up his conversion of the baler though

Hi there Britainswomble. The parking jack on this model does raise and lower as I have just checked out mine. A gentle push upwards will retract it and gently pull down again for parking up. It holds position with a pin and hole system, look closely at side of  the jack to see this. Totally agree with your verdict on this detail and finish of this model as it's superb even though the pick up reel is non working and tailgate is fixed and non opening. But I recall seeing on here a member of the forum introduced his baler to the dremmel and cured that problem  ;)

It was Sean - tractorman810 - can't find the link at the moment  :'(

Hi there Britainswomble. The parking jack on this model does raise and lower as I have just checked out mine. A gentle push upwards will retract it and gently pull down again for parking up. It holds position with a pin and hole system, look closely at side of  the jack to see this. Totally agree with your verdict on the detail and finish of this model as it's superb even though the pick up reel is non working and tailgate is fixed and non opening. But I recall seeing on here a member of the forum introduced his baler to the dremmel and cured that problem  ;)

Thanks for reading my review. I realize that the jack foot slides up and down, but it would have been better if it could be removed for work or rotated through 90 degrees. I dont have the confidence to chop it about and modify it. I'm quite happy with it the way it is. ;):)

Absolutely concur with everything you said Britainswomble.

The only thing I'll add is, get yourself the Claas Variant 365 baler as well, its a stunner too.  :)

It hasn't gone unnoticed, I'm looking out for one and saving up my money. There are loads of items I want at the moment so I'm watching E bay like a hawk, hoping to grab a few bargains.  ;)

Great detailed review Will  ;)

Glad it reached the other side of East Sussex in one piece and you are happy chappy  ;)

Have done your feedback tonight and given you top marks and a house point. :D I actually felt guilty buying it at the price I paid you for it, but had I not bid on it,it would have sold for even less. I think there was one other person bidding on it, who probably thought he was going to get it, until I pounced, leaving him no time to try and out bid me.

As you said, I'm a happy chappy. Thanks for being helpful when I phoned you, for your very prompt delivery and the fact that it was well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.

As "Arnie" says, "I'll be back", hopefully soon. Cheers mate. ;):)

Great review Will, sounds to be another excellent UH model. Hopefully sometime I will pick up this or the Claas version if either of them hit the states  :)

Thanks for reading my review. I realize that the jack foot slides up and down, but it would have been better if it could be removed for work or rotated through 90 degrees. I dont have the confidence to chop it about and modify it. I'm quite happy with it the way it is. ;):)

A parking jack that turns through 180 degrees like the Claas Variant model would have been your choice of fitting to the M.F. rather than the one it has. Maybe we should drop a hint or two U.H.'s way on that one