New Model tractor magazine out soon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad I'd say for a first issue. I Cant compare it to F&S as I never had that.

Theres 50 odd pages including news about forthcoming events, releases ets. Reviews and pics of recent releases , including construction plant. Articles about how Britains went about making the 5000 :-X Valmet forestry machines, Warner Hall on Model ploughs , Brian Norman Models, Various dioramas a few auction results and lots of adverts from  Model dealers / makers. The mag is prited on good paper and is full of colour pics.

Not bad I'd say for a first issue. I Cant compare it to F&S as I never had that.

Theres 50 odd pages including news about forthcoming events, releases ets. Reviews and pics of recent releases , including construction plant. Articles about how Britains went about making the 5000 :-X Valmet forestry machines, Warner Hall on Model ploughs , Brian Norman Models, Various dioramas a few auction results and lots of adverts from  Model dealers / makers. The mag is prited on good paper and is full of colour pics.

Sounds like they have picked up where F & S left off, I did wonder that when I saw Martin Smits was involved.  ;)

IH684Lcabman,

I am sure it will be at Spalding as Tim Bolton usually has a stand there. He won't miss the opportunity to sell it to the people who matter.

I have a copy here and to be honest it is very good. Some of the pics are a bit big (they could probably have got away with 24 pages instead of 32) but for the money - ?10 for 6 issues - it is amazing value.

For a first effort I would say it is very good.

Regards

Rory

Picked it up in a local newagents today - not bad at all for a first issue.  Never had Farm & Site so can't compare, but on a first brief glance there seems to be plenty to interest in there.  Had a brief skim through the Brian Norman feature - has a nice big photo of the MF1200...some good stuff in the diorama section too.  Very promising indeed.

Joe

Picked up a copy of the new magazine in WH Smiths in Norwich yesterday morning.  The contents look good and interesting and it has a feel of quality about it. I hope it prospers and continues to be published for a long period in the future.  The key to its success could be keeping it on sale at WH Smiths and that will only happen if people buy it from Smiths as WHS have a new policy on magazines and don't sell everyone produced like they did in the past.

Picked up a copy of the new magazine in WH Smiths in Norwich yesterday morning.  The contents look good and interesting and it has a feel of quality about it. I hope it prospers and continues to be published for a long period in the future.  The key to its success could be keeping it on sale at WH Smiths and that will only happen if people buy it from Smiths as WHS have a new policy on magazines and don't sell everyone produced like they did in the past.

I'll try and get in there tomorrow then when i go to town :) :)

I'll try and get in there tomorrow then when i go to town :) :)

Good luck Ben.  I've found each WHS is different so it'll be interesting to see which branches sell the magazine.  I'm going into Exeter tomorrow and I'll take a look in WHS there.  Pretty sure that if the branch sold Vintage Tractor then they should sell the new one.