The beginning of my shed . .

Deere-est

it's weird mate was up in the loft putting some bits away ,and thought thoses bales need covering and bang up go your pics and set my mind off

good, cant wait for the next one to come alive!! :) :) :) :)

similar reason i attempted the tractor shed...also i had to find a use for some H sections i bought for some reason!  :D :D ::)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mmm i do worry about you fb? :D :D :D :D :D :D

it should be big enough to allow a couple of my marstons in front of the straw as i am runningout of space in my little farm now

thats something i thought about when building barn one. I cut the roof purlins to fit half on the ridge beams so i could expand it at a later date...kinda like 1:1 @ 1:32 :) :) :):D :D :D::)

And so back to the Scaloox shed and in 20minute's it is rendered with Polyfilla and detailed with a plastic cutlery knife. When TM said it was easy I never thought it would be this easy. Not sure whether I will paint the inside yet, still out with the jury on that one.

Tris... that rendering looks the absolute dogs swingy's mate  ;) - The use of the plastic knife has done to job a real treat - super idea and no mistaking.

Make us a Cheese & Onion sandwich now will ya... I know you'll get the butter right in the corners of the bread  ;)

Tris... that rendering looks the absolute dogs swingy's mate? ;) - The use of the plastic knife has done to job a real treat - super idea and no mistaking.

Make us a Cheese & Onion sandwich now will ya... I know you'll get the butter right in the corners of the bread? ;)

WOW

Tris or should we call you TM clone  :D;)

I use a packet of Focus own stuff that was sat in the garage. It took about 10minute's for it to go tacky, then you add the detail with the plastic knife, or as TM said your finger tip. It give's it a rough finish. Don't spend too long doing it, bare in mind the Scaloox is supposed to look old, in my case a 1940's shed or older. If you spend too long on it, it will look too perfect. As you can see the finish I got was a rough looking one which I think makes it look like it has aged. Very chuffed with the result.

Gonna have to give this scaloox a try one of these days just to try it out looks pretty good fun ? Little like my old linka stuff but on steroids :D :D

looking forwards to the finished article

are you going to make up timber trusses for the roof ?

what is the roof material going to be ?

Thinking about trusses yes. It will have four posts along the front with beams from end to end to support the front of the roof. Maybe not full trusses as they are out of site but just the horizontals front posts to the back wall. Thinking about it in a coupe of ways. As for roofing material, stiff card folded over as Scaloox suggest or something else, again.... in the thinking stage only so far!!

• 1 month later...